PDA

View Full Version : Bike won't start

Castle_Rock
11-28-2013, 06:41 PM
My roketa won't start as of today.

I took the cvt cover off and while turning the variator fan, noticed I wasn't hearing that "whoosh" sound it normally makes.

Also when ignition is on, I engage the electric start, but the motor sounds like it churing the way a dead battery would. The battery is fully charged at 12.47V - I have it on the charger since 4pm to see if that will help but this doesn't sound right.

Also I noticed that when I twist the throttle, it moreless makes starting worse - sometimes I have to throttle just to get the bike started - but there is nothing at the moment.

Any ideas?

Castle_Rock
11-29-2013, 09:02 AM
I bridged the solenoid and do not hear any clicking - maybe that it part of my issue.

Also I tested the starter motor and it is registering less than 1V, I think that may have been the issue, so I have ordered a new one and will swap and see if that makes a difference.

Castle_Rock
11-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Also, would a bad starter motor cause low top end speed? I don't think so but am just checking.

4getful2
11-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Even with a known good battery(jumper cables), it won't crank with the electric start?
! volt at the starter means you have a bad connections or weak battery or faulty solenoid.
Check all the connections, grounds too. burnt fuse.

Castle_Rock
12-01-2013, 12:46 PM
the thing about fuses is I have only found one by the battery, where I also installed a inline for the 12V outlet.
I have not found any other fuses if there were supposed to be.

Like I said, it churns like a dead battery, I ordered a new starter motor so that should fix that issue.

I am also trying to locate the wiring to the CDI. The red wire to the 4 prong has been chewed thru by evil mice and need to replace it but do not see online who has a wiring harness to that.

Castle_Rock
12-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Installed the new motor, nothing - it acts the same.

Castle_Rock
12-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I performed a Ohm reading on the magneto and got .488.

I swapped my standard cdi to the racing and receive a blinking green light which acts as its getting power, not sure why i am not getting spark on the spark plug.

Castle_Rock
12-05-2013, 09:58 AM
When I put the coil with spark plug next to the cylinder head, I see spark, so I now have spark, compression has always been there and assume I am still getting fuel - it still won't start.

Am I missing something here?

Castle_Rock
12-17-2013, 03:58 PM
I replaced the cdi wiring, it now fires properly.

Also if I replace the standard vacuum-based petcock, will this type (http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/Parts-Unlimited-Fuel-Shut-Off-Valve-1-4in-1118-p/4607461.htm) - I imagine it eliminates the need for vacuum as it appears it only has 2 ports.