PDA

View Full Version : wrecked bike issues

Castle_Rock
11-18-2013, 12:09 PM
My speed has been reduced to 15mph - and it still runs - but i am trying to figure out why i have lost throttle.
We experienced high tornado wind yesterday and i was going about 40mph when the wind took me over - both bike and i actually fell on grass and not the road - so damage was very minimal.

What should i check?

Castle_Rock
11-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Also when i took the cvt cover off, the manual kick start seems to be broken, as it comes right off and when i do kick it, it does not return to start position.

Lefty
11-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Glad to hear your alright, the first thing I would check are the Weights, with the sudden going down and motor stopping the weights may have gotten out of position.
Also check if any hoses came loose and or your Intake cracked or Air Filter tubing cracked due to the sudden banging of the scoot going down.
Lefty

Castle_Rock
11-19-2013, 01:51 PM
I checked the roller weights, no dice - their all there. I don't know what weights they are, but may change them out.

I notice that my throttle is still very responsive - however i still only go about 15-29 - there is no lag in throttle response.

I have taken the bike completely apart and see no cables, wires or hoses that might have come apart, i am still stumped.

To my knowledge, the bike only hit and landed on the left side if your sitting on it.

Lefty
11-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Check the carbs throttle cable at the carb and make sure when you twist it wide open it is opening all the way. Also if the carb is a CV type carb take the top off and check the Rubber diaphgram for rips. How you do that is hold it up against a light and spread the rubber diaphgram out.
Lefty

Castle_Rock
11-19-2013, 03:25 PM
I checked the cable this morning and it opens like it should, I'm starting to think its something internal. Any idea what specific part of the engine i should check?

Lefty
11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Did you check the Diaphgram or is this a SLIDER type carb? Also check if the Muffler is clogged with grass or something depending on how it went down and slid on the grass. It is not internal if it starts good and runs good and you do not hear any nasty metal rattleing noises just loss of speed.

When you get to the 15 or so mph and you have the throttle wide open does it make any sounds. BOGGGGGing sound, BART, Backfires etc? It is something simple your not seeing or checking.
Lefty

Castle_Rock
11-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Mine has a cable slide.

There is no grass in the muffler, and i can feel air coming out the end.

When i am WOT, i hear nothing. Sounds the same as before.

One thing i forgot to mention before was after I left the crash, the bike was still capable of getting to 50mph. It was something after shutting the bike down, that it lost power.

Lefty
11-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Are you sure its a SLIDER type Carb they come with a PD24mm CVK carbs?

Well it is time to put it on the center stand take the CVT cover off and crank it up and VIDEO the CVT how it is operating and take a picture of the carb area. Something does not JIVE.
Lefty

Castle_Rock
11-23-2013, 10:09 AM
I am pleased to announce the bike has been fixed - with a help of a good friend, we found the fuel filter was the culprit - it had quite a bit of sediment in there - once replaced, the bike runs up to 50+mph.

The funny thing about it is even before I arrived at his shop, the bike got to 50 slowly but surely haha (course it was 28 degrees outside) - but at least now its running.

Castle_Rock
11-25-2013, 08:13 AM
I still have the kick start issue, i followed the posting HERE (http://scootdawg.proboards.com/thread/21772) - however it still feels like it does not sit properly - I don't believe I am missing any components.

The spring seems to get the kickstart shaft drive out of alignment - does not have a secure fit.