PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure valve caps?

Houndguy
11-17-2013, 04:36 PM
If your like me checking the pressure is a pain in the *ss on your bike.

I may switch to this. I need to do a little more research.

http://www.fixaflat.com/products/accessories/tire-pressure-valve-caps-36-psi/

prodigit
11-17-2013, 11:16 PM
I know about how quickly my tires deflate, and check up on them monthly.
On my 150cc I check them once every few months, as the tires always feel hard.

oldkid
12-06-2013, 01:12 PM
I've seen those, but never used. I worried that they might be the source of the leak.

Irish
02-13-2015, 12:27 PM
It says in the instruction manual that they are not to be used on motorcycles or off road vehicles. Why? I don't know. Irish

wheelbender6
02-16-2015, 07:50 PM
Maybe the valve caps are subject to more vibration on a motorcycle or off road vehicle. I'm OK with with tire pressure sensors if they don't cause an idiot light in the dash to glow like the ones in my truck.

Irish
04-20-2015, 12:21 PM
A few of my wifes cars had caps that (supposedly) let you know if the pressure was low! Everytime that they said that it was off , I checked the pressure & all tires were exactly even. I don't think that I'd trust them. Irish:tdown: But that's just me! I'm anal about tire pressures!:tup:

Zip Ties n Superglue
08-22-2015, 03:52 PM
i used to be a mechanic back in my late teens and early 20s and saw those same caps. they tend to leak after awhile. they do have aftermarket TPMS for cars http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221317556141?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82 this would be cool to throw on a scooter but i still dont like the idea that they use the stem but if they made them similar to most the corvettes where they are strapped around the rim id be all over that!! lol

Irish
09-13-2015, 01:04 PM
I read an ad yesterday(Cruiser Customizing?) that had an ad for caps for cycles , autos , etc. that let you know , with a warning light if your pressure dropped below 4 lbs from when they were installed. They supposedly work from 10-70lbs. I know nothing about them but it might be worth looking into! The same manufacturer also had a tire balancing spray!:shrug::hmm: Irish:scoot::nuts: