PDA

View Full Version : 150 cc GY6 won't go up after 6000 rmps

kochun17
11-09-2013, 08:23 AM
I have a KINROAD Scooter - XT50QT-10. After couple months for leaving, my scooter was damaged by some A holes. Which a vacuum line, oil line and a wire were cut. I replaced all lines, and clean the carburetor thoroughly, and placed a new spark plug. It runs again, but it won't go more than 6000 rmps. It lost power if I throttle it after 6000 rmps. I have done air fuel mixture ratio and air enriched ratio adjusting. It goes a little more, but still not the same scooter as I had before. Anyone has any idea, please :hmm: ?

Lefty
11-09-2013, 02:55 PM
If it revs more than 6000 RPMS as you say I would check the CVT, the belt and rollers in the Variator. Also if it was dropped and or sitting in a wooded area I would check the muffler it may be clogged(mice like to build nests in those covey holes) or a baffle broke and is blocking the exhaust.

Since you mention OIL line its a 2 stroke so no valves to check but it does have a REED valve which could be leaking depending on how old it is.
Lefty

kochun17
11-09-2013, 11:35 PM
If it revs more than 6000 RPMS as you say I would check the CVT, the belt and rollers in the Variator. Also if it was dropped and or sitting in a wooded area I would check the muffler it may be clogged(mice like to build nests in those covey holes) or a baffle broke and is blocking the exhaust.

Since you mention OIL line its a 2 stroke so no valves to check but it does have a REED valve which could be leaking depending on how old it is.
Lefty

Thx for your reply Lefty!

Oh, I really did not think of the exhaust part :doh: . I always think it is because there are not enough air/fuel to accelerate higher. And every time I tried to throttle it all the way, it runs like pause and go, and pause and go (but it is still running, just like a drunk scooter :cheers: )until I remain its highest rpms which is 6000.

I might check its muffler tomorrow. um... any good muffler cleaning guide video? thx a lot! ;)

Lefty
11-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Well that is a big clue the go and pause and go and pause but still gets up to 6000K but for a 2T that is very low rpms. If the RPMS go up and down as you accelerate that usually points to the Variator weights are to heavy, and that will also not allow the motor to reach its powerband. Did you by chance put in real heavy weights?

If all else checks out NO AIR LEAKS no BLOCKAGE check out the CVT Variator and weights.
Lefty