PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to CFMOTO

cookees
10-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Got this reply to an email I sent CFMOTO China:

I am James from CFMOTO. I received your message on our website. It seems that you are very disappoint our US branch. Very sorry for this situation. Please let me know what models you bought from CFMOTO.

Best Regard!

James
logo Capture
ZHEJIANG CFMOTO POWER CO., LTD
No.116, Wuzhou Road, Yuhang Economic Development Zone,
Hangzhou City, 311100, Zhejiang Province, P.R. China
www.cfmoto.com
Tel: (86) 571-8926 5791
Cell: (86) 15868191671
Fax: (86) 571-8926 5788
Email: export06@cfmoto.com.cn

MY REPLY

From the beginnings of your association with Lev Mirman and Baron Motors, through the formation of CFMOTO US. We were proud to represent CFMOTO here in the Western portion of Pennsylvania. We encouraged other scooter dealers to represent CFMOTO as well.
We purchased and sold many CFMOTO scooters and V5's over a six year period. And although we may not have been your biggest dealer, we represented you as our #1 Scooter line.

So, you can imagine our surprise when our sales representative was summarily fired. We then went over a year without hearing anything from anyone at CFMOTO until one day one of our customers called and told us we were no longer listed as a dealer on the CFMOTO US website. After numerous un-returned phone calls, I was finally able to reach someone who told me that we no longer fit the profile of the kind of dealer that the "New" CFMOTO wanted. We are an urban dealership and don't carry any atv/utv's over 150cc's.

When I asked if we would still be able to purchase parts to service our 100 or so customers that had purchased CFMOTO scooters from us over the past couple of years, I was told, " We only sell parts to our dealers". I was told to refer all my service work to the nearest remaining CFMOTO dealer over 70 miles away. When I had a customer call that dealership to schedule some work, they were informed by that dealer that they only worked on CFMOTO ATV's and side-by-sides. Because of the fact that you cancelled some 30 dealer contracts with no advance warning, the nearest scooter dealer is now some 4 hours away in Buffalo, NY.

I have been able to find an existing CFMOTO dealer over 500 miles which will sell me CFMOTO parts at 15% off RETAIL.

We have since replaced our CFMOTO line up with quality products from SYM and are extremely happy. Their dealer service is top rate.

I am amazed at CFMOTO. After spending millions of dollars to establish a presence here in the US., and achieving recognition as one of the best scooters coming out of mainland China, you threw that all away. Your president, Mr Lai, looked us all in the eye at a dealer meeting in Indianapolis and told us you would never forget the dealers who helped you achieve your success to that date.

To betray the many small, hardworking dealers that helped you establish a foothold in the US market, and switch loyalties and try to imitate the marketing plan used by KYMCO in aligning with the Japanese OEM's, is inexcusable.

novaraptor
10-28-2013, 03:53 PM
this link was posted in another scooter forum. It seems that CFMOTO no longer lists scooters, but this may be attributed to new product being introduced in the future at the EICMA.
http://cfmoto-us.com/products

spandi
10-28-2013, 06:07 PM
This mentally can best be summed up by the phrase "You've got to break some eggs in order to make an omelet" Guess who were the eggs?

qwertydude
10-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Loyalty from the Chinese? Not gonna happen. These are the very same businessmen I worked with in electronics who have no qualms substituting inferior electronic components in a design you specify in order to increase their own profitability at the expense of your own business.

And yes they'll look you straight in the eye and tell you nothing was going on and you're the one trying to rip them off even when you have two identical products on hand with obviously substituted parts.

cookees
10-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Eggs?? Omelet??? ...they originally told everyone they wanted to sell hamburgers! :)

spandi
10-28-2013, 11:03 PM
No. Their customer response was more like, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger!

http://lockerz.com/u/20664516/decalz/7402718/snl_the_olympia_diner_belushi_cheebur

Firehawk989
10-29-2013, 02:02 AM
The quality is horrible, it's the wrong nationality, and it's blatantly racist and stereotypical, but worth a chuckle. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G30gIjZWKk

cheapeto
10-31-2013, 11:41 AM
[Loyalty from the Chinese?]

IMHO, this type of *business* is a world wide event, with every nationality involved equally.
I saw us as Americans do it, I saw the Germans do it, I saw the Italians do it, the French, the English and the Swiss.
I was involved in web printing press manufactures, and related equipment, installing various types of equipment.
It took me over 20 years to discover everyone cuts corners if they can. EVEN knowing how wrong or unsafe it is.
It took us getting sued to fix safety standards that NEVER should have left the design stage, much less spinning tons of rolled up paper around at blinding speeds, that could fly out of the spindals.
That is one of the reasons, I packed it in and and gave them all the finger, to be my own handyman working for myself.
All these folks run their businesses by the Art Of War business model.
It's a world wide sickness.