PDA

View Full Version : Won't start. Bad safety switch?

breckrider
10-26-2013, 08:42 PM
I have a Roketa 150 that has a new battery. The left hand lever has to be pulled all the way in for it to start. I turned the key today and all the guages move but when I push the start button I get nothing. No sound, no clicks, no nothing.

Could the safety switch have gone bad? And if so, how do I trace that out?

breckrider
11-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Any ideas?

cheapeto
11-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Mine starts on the center stand, and I always start it that way. One day, for whatever reason, I used the kick stand, and forgot the kick stand is kill switched. Killed my battery, and while ranting and raving like a loon, my grandson, comes in my shop, and says why is your scooter leaning way over?

Then it hit me, duhhh!! The kick starter worked like dream...on the center stand.

breckrider
11-23-2013, 11:49 AM
I've never had to start on center stand before but I'll try that

DW
12-05-2013, 02:31 AM
If the brake light comes on when you squeeze the brake, the safety switches are fine. They switch the + on the starter relay. The kill and start switches control the - side of the relay.

breckrider
12-05-2013, 03:31 PM
I'll check it when I get home. If the brake light is working, what should I check next?

oldkid
12-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes. If the brake lights come on the switch is OK. Also, Since I have a Bali 150cc, once I had the levers adjusted out too far and the brake cause me to have to pull hard to start. It was simple to adjust for more free play.
One other thing to remember is that you have 2 switches. Just try the other brake lever. All of my bikes will start with either brake.