PDA

View Full Version : 2011 250cc jonway starting issue

maddlibb
10-16-2013, 12:23 PM
I have had the scoot for a few months now, runs great, has always been easy to start. I noticed the past week or so that it didnt start right away. Used to be, I hit the start button for a sec and it would fire right up and idol just enough to keep from dying, latley I have to gas it more to get it to stay on, then after a few throttle turns it runs fine. Yesterday I had to do the throttle thing 4 times before it stayed on.

I talked to a few people who said to clean the carb. Anyone on here had this issue?

Guest_3
10-16-2013, 01:43 PM
When is the last time you re-adjusted the carb ?.

maddlibb
10-16-2013, 04:35 PM
never have, I just bought the scoot two months ago. IT was basically on a showroom floor since 2011, it had fallen over in shipping and has a few scuffs on it, so they discounted the price..thats when I bought it. Drained all the fluids made sure everything was connected well and it runs great.

spandi
10-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Valves too.

qwertydude
10-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Adjust the valves. Before you start randomly trying to assign blame to the ignition coil, stator, starter motor, and just start replacing components, adjust the valves. Before you launch a protest campaign against all things Chinese and swear off Panda Express, adjust the valves.

Difficult starting is 99% caused by two things. Dirty carbs and valves out of adjustment. The only other thing I would really do is replace the spark plug and adjust the mixture screw using the idle drop method.

Did I mention adjust the valves?

Frank Castle
03-03-2014, 07:11 PM
^^^is it hard to adjust the valves by yourself?

Rhompin45
03-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Valves are not hard but can be sort of scary the first time. You have to pull off the plastics to get to the valve cover. There are videos on you tube.

Rhompin45
03-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/s0K-ytyjOFg here is one there might be better ones out there. Exhaust is the bottom intake is the top.

Frank Castle
03-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/s0K-ytyjOFg here is one there might be better ones out there. Exhaust is the bottom intake is the top.

thanks for the video but it looks like advanced mechanics:wtf:

Rhompin45
03-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Yes it is more than an oil change. Do you know anyone that is capable of it? I am fortuneite My good friend grew up around motors and was able to show me the first time. After seeing it done I was able to do it my self. Even if it takes time make sure you get them adjusted frequently. I check them every 3k if they go out it can lead to realibality issues and eventually burn up the valves.