PDA

View Full Version : 50 cc not starting

jbcoasty
10-13-2013, 08:22 PM
ok gang I hope some one can give me some insight as to what I am missing here. Got a 2009 jonway 50cc scooter with 19,000 miles on it. Riding home the other night the bike stalled out at a couple lights idling and poor take off then died and didn't start back up. I have done the following. Drained the gas tank thinking I had some bad gas replaced the fuel filter and put new gas in tank. pulled the carb and thourghly cleaned and put back on bike got spark, check timing and valves both right on the money got good compression good vacume fuel is going into carb no hoses off every thing looks right but this little bugger will crank like normal but will not fire. Changed the main jet about a month ago to a #88 and a round filter I got from scrappy dogs and was strating great and running fine till the other night.
Any suggestions on something I might have missed :thanks:

mules5555
10-14-2013, 02:35 AM
I know you said you have spark. But is that to the plug or out of it? Could have a fowled spark plug. I know this sounds simple. Seems like you know what your doing. But after seeing your list of things. There is not much left!

jbcoasty
10-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Gonna try a new plug today and triple check every thing acting like not getting gas so I am double checking the carb tomorrow

mules5555
10-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Alright. Keep me updated.

blueboy5000
10-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Did you do an actual compression test with a compression gauge? It is impossible to determine if you have proper compression without one. It sounds to me like you have a sticking valve or worn rings.

Snek
10-26-2013, 05:46 PM
As you've got spark - Did you remove the Pilot Jet and clear the passage it was removed from aswell? I've had to clean both Pilot Jet & Passage 5x once, before my scoot would start up.

jbcoasty
10-28-2013, 03:55 PM
well gang back online found the problem was much deeper in the engine. Got it to start went klunk and stopped. rod seized to crank. got the new crank kit and 80cc kit from scrappy dogs and rebuilt from ground up and it starts and runs giving a little break in time before I really try to push it

Firehawk989
10-28-2013, 05:35 PM
well gang back online found the problem was much deeper in the engine. Got it to start went klunk and stopped. rod seized to crank. got the new crank kit and 80cc kit from scrappy dogs and rebuilt from ground up and it starts and runs giving a little break in time before I really try to push it

Did it run out of oil or something?

jbcoasty
10-29-2013, 01:58 PM
no had plenty of oil the oil pump was not working and the bike got 19,000 miles on it