PDA

View Full Version : wrecked 2011 taotao

mules5555
10-08-2013, 05:00 PM
My roomate was riding my scooter to class and got rear ended hard. Did quite a bit of damage. Bent back wheel, bent the exhaust and broke it, cracked and tore up every single body panel on the scooter. The guy that rear ended him is willing to pay for the damage. I need a place to buy all the body parts and exhaust and rear wheel. I need to make an estimate so i know if it will be worth fixing or to just have him buy me a new scooter. If any one knows where to get these parts please let me know. I need everything. Thanks in advanced.

prodigit
10-08-2013, 05:20 PM
What type of TaoTao is it?
If it's a 50cc, or 150cc, it's often cheaper to just buy a new scooter.
If the exhaust is cracked, chances are the frame is damaged.

Send him the bill of the new price of the scoot. Parts and labor are going to cost more than a new scoot. For instance, the ATM50 goes for $650 ($850 ship included, ~$920 for tag transfer and taxes included).
The EVO150 goes for $700, $1050 with shipping and tag transfer and taxes included.

A rough estimation for item and shipping: $400 for an engine, $150 for an exhaust, $150 for labor, that's close to a newprice of a scoot.

You could come to an agreement with him; If he's willing to pay the base price of the scoot (without shipping), you agree on paying shipping and tax, but can keep the wreck for parts.

That way you got a new scoot, with tag for like $300.

mules5555
10-08-2013, 06:01 PM
It's a 50cc and that's what I was thinking. This thing was in very good shape. Just hit 4000 miles and was trying to see how many I could get. It was almost flawless. I kept up on maintenance perfectly. Looks like I will be getting a new scoot.