PDA

View Full Version : Need pinout of standard bulb - 12v 35w

Mikel
10-07-2013, 06:53 PM
I broke two wires off the socket. They are blue and white. The green one, on the side, is still attached. I cannot tell which one goes where.

I need a bulb pinout. The bulb has two pins, and one is wider, so it only goes in one way. So, of the two contacts on the bottom of the bulb, which one takes the blue wire (high beam)? -- I'm going to solder the two wires back on the socket, when I know which one goes where.

Thanks

Guest_3
10-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Mikel, Welcome to SD. :cheers:

Its like asking, I have one pink wire & one black, Where do they go ??.

It would really help if you gave-up... what year/make scooter you have.

Maybe someone on here owns the same. :)

Mikel
10-07-2013, 11:07 PM
I finally solved this. I never found a bulb pinout, but I found a technical page from one of the manufacturers of these standard bulbs. It has a diagram showing that the lower of the two filaments is the high beam. So I put the bulb in the socket, and then pressed the the low beam wire (the white one) to each contact, which separately lit each filament. I then knew the contact opposite the green ground wire for the high beam. I then soldered the blue and white wires back on the socket. (I knew the blue wire was for the high beam, because that was mentioned in several posts I came across while searching for a pinout.)