PDA

View Full Version : VIP Future Champion

uconnchaz
10-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I am going to purchase a VIP Future Champion 49cc scooter very soon. Was curious about peoples thoughts on that scooter are? Saw one other site that people had many complaints. All there seemed to be. I guess when people are happy they don't really express it. I did see some postive feedback elsewhere. Any thoughts would be appreciated. It is a scooter in my price range and it will be my first.:thanks:

Guest_3
10-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Are you talking New or Used ??.

and.... Welcome to ScootDawg. :cheers:

inuyasha
10-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
Its a crap shoot, some are fine and some not
Give her a full pdi and you will start off on the right foot
http://x1scooters.com/pdi.html
Heres some helpful tips for those new to scoots
http://msf-usa.org/downloads/Scooter-tips-2005.pdf
And be sure to leave some money in your budget for riding gear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Wmi6KdPHw
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

uconnchaz
10-02-2013, 08:43 PM
If you were replying to me. It is new. Like I said affordable, probably the wrong time of year to be riding one here in the northeast but am tired of the bus. Can't work and can no longer afford a car and insurance. Thanks for the welcome.

Guest_3
10-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Where in the Northeast and where are you getting it from ?.

And does it have to be a VIP Future Champion 49cc only scooter ?.

Are you open to other scooter brands ?.

qwertydude
10-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Most generic Chinese scooters are always a crapshoot. And people on this site will readily admit all Chinese scooters require you to be able to work on them. If you're not mechanically inclined I would definitely suggest getting a used Japanese scooter as it will be cheaper in the long run and initial cost won't be much more than a new Chinese.

Surprisingly one of the better ways to go about Chinese scooter purchases is buying a used one. The reason is if the scooter made it past a couple thousand miles and doesn't show signs of problems it's likely to continue to be more reliable. Basically over time the lemons get weeded out. It's just a fact that unless you do a thorough PDI (Post Delivery Inspection) more often than not you'll have problems with your scooter.

thumper650
10-02-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm not a fan of the Hockey Mask look. Personally I'd save up for something a little better.

uconnchaz
10-02-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm in Connecticut and it is from a local dealer. It is all assembled. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but not physically able to do much. "Gearhead Motors" in New Haven Ct. right on the East Haven line is on the business card. Hockey Mask?

inuyasha
10-03-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm in Connecticut and it is from a local dealer. It is all assembled. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but not physically able to do much. "Gearhead Motors" in New Haven Ct. right on the East Haven line is on the business card. Hockey Mask?
Hi
Im from CT as well west haven to be exact
Howdy neighbor:cheers:
His Hockey mask reference is about the headlight styling, the cage around them resembles a hockey mask:lmao:
Yours Hank

uconnchaz
10-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Loaded with questions here. I asked the dealer about weight capacity. He said it is a two seater. So one person should be fine. It is just me. Right now I am 240. That is unusual for me. Put all the weight on in the past 3 years after quitting smoking. My normal is about 180. Will be a while before I could get back to my norm?

thumper650
10-03-2013, 09:16 AM
You should be ok, unless it's really shoddy. I gave my brother a ride home last week on my Tomos Nitro, I'm 220 and he's a little less. It was a slow ride, but the scooter's fine.

Guest_3
10-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Just talking/thinking out loud here. :)

I don't think you'll be happy with a 49cc scoot.

A guy your size would be better off on a 150cc. :scoot:

thumper650
10-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Wayne might be on to something. Unless money is really an issue you might consider a 150 or more.
I live in a very densely populated area and traffic rarely gets above 30 in the places I ride.

Guest_3
10-03-2013, 12:56 PM
My thinking is, I'd hate to see him buy a scoot,

Then in a week or so come back on here, bitch'in that its too small or slow.

uconnchaz
10-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Just talking/thinking out loud here. :)

I don't think you'll be happy with a 49cc scoot.

A guy your size would be better off on a 150cc. :scoot:
A 150cc requires registration and insurance here in Ct. Trying to avoid that. Put a deposit on it today. Small balance left. Time will tell what the outcome is?

Guest_3
10-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Put a deposit on it today. Small balance left.Cool and Congrats on getting a new ride. :cheers:

larrball
10-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I have a 2009 Vip FChamp by jonway.
So far it's been a good scooter and i bought it new in 09 and i ride year around.
I don't know about the other brand name VIP's but if it's put together like mine was you'll do fine as long as you don't just run it into the ground.
Now at 250Lbs that's pushing it. It will get you there but not real fast, so leave early to where ever you are going.

Have fun and ride safely.

dwint51
10-03-2013, 06:55 PM
there are a lot of scooters that look like that but different names.i have one and its from jonway and its called limited edition.its a minerelli clone and has no restrictions on it.i weigh 175 and I can get it to 43 and that's stock.i bought mine 6 months ago and they gave me a 2011 but its still new.i had to replace the solenoid already but other then that it runs great.mine had the carb adjustments covered with brass plug and removed it.you can make them go quick if you want to modify them.good luck with you're new scooter.

thumper650
10-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Congrats, show us a pic if you can when you get it.

bloodymomo
10-08-2013, 02:57 AM
I have a 2012 vip fc, I weigh 350lbs and on flat surface go about 49mph. Now thaf. Being said I have many many upgrades on it. Im using the orange cdi and ignition coil, using 9gram dr pully sliders, 100cc bbk, a9 performance cam, performance gear set from scrappydog, high performance variator, unrestricted muffler. I also did a bunch of custom work to tail section dropping stock taillights n blinkers cutting a piece of hi density plastic and mounting it flush. Stuck on a nice led taillight blinker set and dropped 20lbs.

uconnchaz
11-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Well, I now have the bike and it is what it is I guess you can say. It travels fine. I haven't seen my weight (240) as a problem so far. It travels just fine at 35-40mph. Uphill it goes 35. I'm not looking for a speedster bike, just a travel one. As long as it stays dependable I will have no complaints. I did while researching this bike on youtube the past month see something I agree with. The factory mirrors are useless and as the person that made the piece said. I will get some replacements from Amazon or something. All in all no complaints from 2 days.

:scoot:

jbcoasty
11-03-2013, 02:18 PM
I have had my 50 cc scooter for 4 years and 19,000 miles I change the oil every 1,000 miles when I start it up and before riding I let it warm up for a couple min to get oil circulating and last week it finaily said enough and had to do a rebuild on it if you take care of them you will get to enjoy it but if you don't if will leave you stranded by the side of the road just like a car

inuyasha
11-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Well, I now have the bike and it is what it is I guess you can say. It travels fine. I haven't seen my weight (240) as a problem so far. It travels just fine at 35-40mph. Uphill it goes 35. I'm not looking for a speedster bike, just a travel one. As long as it stays dependable I will have no complaints. I did while researching this bike on youtube the past month see something I agree with. The factory mirrors are useless and as the person that made the piece said. I will get some replacements from Amazon or something. All in all no complaints from 2 days.

:scoot:
Hi
Outstanding
Congratulations:cheers: May she bring you much joy in the years to come
Yours Hank