PDA

View Full Version : New at this...

GYSick
09-29-2013, 03:19 AM
Hi all...I am quite new at all this. I recently had chance to purchase a scooter from a friend for very cheap and couldn't pass it up. After getting it (completely torn apart) I started trying to get it running and realized I had a 50cc gy6. I got it painted cuz it was badly faded and running with the stock 50cc 139 and found out it already had a performance coil and cdi. It was OK but quickly got boring, so I ordered and installed a 100cc big bore kit with the works. I eventually sold it because it too got boring. However the person who bought it ran it to the ground and sold it back minus the big bore. So now I have it back but now I have a 57qmj 150cc on it and I'm loving it! Of course since I had a short case bottom mount frame and the qmj is a long case top mount motor it took quite a bit of thought and customization. But it was well worth it...runs great...top speeds upwards of 70 75 mph. I have two problems however. 1st I have a 10" rim on the front and 12" on back. The 12" won't fit in the 10" forks and the 12" forks won't fit on the frame. Anyone know a way to get the 12" rim on the front? 2nd prob is I'm smelling a kinda burning smell from the rear and the cover is leaking back by the contra spring. Any ideas?

Guest_3
09-29-2013, 08:53 AM
I can't help ya, But Welcome to SD. :cheers:

wheelbender6
09-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. Ride safe

Gimpdog
09-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Welcome to SD!! As far as your problems, I would send that to the tech threads so that more people would read it. Just a suggestion...

Admin
09-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Welcome to ScootDawg, glad to have ya aboard! :tup: