PDA

View Full Version : Direct Bikes Ninja Stalling

AMTF
09-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I bought a 50cc Direct Bikes scooter, and it has a problem with stalling. It would cut out after around 20 seconds when I first got it, but after cleaning the carb it runs for a couple of minutes. I have checked the valve clearance and its OK, set to 0.002. It will stall when releasing the throttle. There is a second pipe coming off the exhaust which isn't connected to anything. What should I try next?

Thank you,

Alex

SirYes
09-27-2013, 11:04 PM
0.004. i put a 50 kit on my scooter and did the valve clearance i started it every time. thing is i did what you did made it so there where tuching and then worked my way up stop at 0.004 and it ran. take your carb put it in gas over night clean clean clean right

AMTF
09-29-2013, 12:46 PM
That's done, still got problems. It's cutting out after a bit of full throttle, and also when releasing the throttle. I've bought a new scooter, but want this one working well enough to get it through an mot, maybe have it as a spare or sell on

Firehawk989
09-30-2013, 06:03 PM
That pipe off the exhaust should be connected to something. Take the plastics off and look for an EGR valve or something. Also check the spark plug and maybe re-set the mixture screw on the carb.

AMTF
10-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Still nothing. I haven't found an EGR valve, where would it be? I have had a thought, not sure if it was this scooter, but I'm sure one I was looking at had a 70cc kit attached. How can I check if it was this one?

--------------------

Oh yeah, I have tried adjusting the carb, still no luck, and the spark plug is fine. My brother-in-law has just moved back home, and this scooter would be perfect for him, so fixing it up sounds a bit better now