PDA

View Full Version : Scooting on the wrong side of the road.

Houndguy
09-18-2013, 05:27 PM
I recently returned from the Bahama's where a group of 30 odd riders rented bikes and scooted around the island. I've wanted to do this in Cozumel, Mexico and in Belize when I was there (I did not feel safe in Belize however).

How many of you have rented scooters and traveled about the country? I truly believe that to understand a country you need to :scoot: on through it.

http://2smallerwheels.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-bahamas-little-jaunt-with-memories.html

No it's not self promotion (OK maybe a little) but I am curious to hear of your adventures on 2-wheels in other parts of the world.

wheelbender6
09-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Driving a car on the wrong side of the road in Ireland was scary enough; especially at the roundabouts. The last time we were in the Bahamas, we didn't have a motorcycle licenses. I'd be willing to rent a scoot abroad now.

prodigit
09-19-2013, 06:28 AM
for scoots (49cc) you won't need a license to ride them, just need to be able to balance a 2 wheeler (eg: bike).

+1 on the roundabouts! Lots of confusion when we went to Dover.
They're used to it already over there. When riding off the boat, you need your car lights adjusted, and then they force you to the left side of the road!

Englishmen are such a lefties.
That's why the rest of the western world was always right!

Irish
06-04-2015, 11:40 AM
When I was in the service (long time ago 1961-1965 ) we went to Bermuda on a search mission for two 135s that had crashed. I rented a moped. The 1st curve that I went into , I wondered why the car approaching me was coming directly at me & was on the wrong side of the road! It was me! Old habits die hard.:hmm: Irish