PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for remembering

wheelbender6
09-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Thank you for showing that ScootDawg remembers 9-11 by the site logo. I only saw two US flags flying in my neighborhood on 9-11 and one was mine. One other guy flew a Houston Texans flag. At least the Texans flag is red, white and blue.

Gimpdog
09-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Someone on the radio mentioned that there aren't any scenes shown from that fateful day in the media anymore. It's hard to really remember without visual reminders of what those horrific scenes were like... I just pray that we will always remember our fallen and never get placid in our ways to allow that sort of attack happen again to our great nation...

wheelbender6
09-13-2013, 06:58 PM
I was doing contract work during that time at Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix. It was dead quiet out on the plane parking aprons and taxiways for a week or so (no engines running at all). That really reinforced to me, the magnitude of what had happened to the country.

Admin
09-14-2013, 01:59 PM
You're most welcome guys. Being from New York, it means a lot to me. I didn't lose any close friends or family, but knew people who lost their lives. My friend's uncle, neighbors down the street, etc. I'll never forget any minute of that day.