PDA

View Full Version : Helping to support a dream.

Houndguy
09-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Her name is Jess. She wants to ride a Vespa from Alabama to the deserts of Arizona...why? Because she is young and has a dream.

I don't know what impress me more, the fact that she wants to do this at 25 (I remember a lot of drinking and trying to get women naked at that age).

Help here dream. You can read about it on my site (http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com/2013/09/because-some-dreams-need-to-be-supported_6.html).

:scoot: Let's help out someone live there dreams.

techie610
09-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Very cool. :)
At 22, im looking into riding the CannonBall Run. lol

DaveC
09-12-2013, 12:12 PM
22, a degree in communications, working at CVS.
No money, but wants others to pay her way for her dream trip

When I was a kid, I was told that if you wanted something, you had to work for it, save your money.

My how times have changed.

I've made many a cross country ride, on a Goldwing and a 1100 shadow, and neither was as easy as this girl seems to make it appear.
Someone had better sit down with her and have a long talk about being on the road alone, fatigue, breakdowns, repairs, etc etc.
There's more to it than just , 'jump on my Vespa and hit the road'.
Yea, idealistic 22 year old, that's great, practical, maybe not.
Being cute doesn't always get ya where ya wanna go.

I read a story about a kid who took a Honda Rebel from IN to Ca and back.
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18512
A little more dramatic, but, unexpected breakdowns etc.

I wish her luck, and look forward to the 'after report'

amac1680
09-12-2013, 01:24 PM
I've been thinking about this one for a while. Problem I have is she has things like rent on her trip budget......

I also don't see anywhere what her personal finacial input for the trip is. Finaly I don't see a "plan". How far per day ? How long she staying out there ? How is she and the scoot getting back ?

Lots of questions and I give her credit for trying but I can't donate to such an anonymous cause. There is simply no transparency just a short video of a pretty little girl.

Be Big,
AMAC

DaveC
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Ref above thread
That's kinda what I was referring to when I mentioned I had made several cross country road trips
Gotta have a plan, and money and a back up plan
She has a nice dream, but I don't see a plan.
I have a lot of dreams too, but I don't expect everyone here to give me money for my new Vett, trip to Hawaii, etc etc

Which is why I would like to see a (what we called in the military after a TDY)a Trip Report.

thumper650
09-16-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm accepting donations for my next trip as well. :)

amac1680
09-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Four days left and she doesn't have the $$and and not even close. also has not updated her info in at least a week. These things sound great but on the faceless, nameless Internet one can never be sure.

If she doesn't make it she still has $460.00 for the effort.

caveat emptor.

Be Big,
AMAC

DaveC
09-23-2013, 08:14 PM
If she doesn't make it she still has $460.00 for the effort.

AMAC

Which she should refund if she doesn't do the ride

amac1680
09-24-2013, 09:37 AM
FYI.

I asked for an update nicely yesterday on her Facebook page and its been deleted. I just posted again. Lets see what happens.

Be Big,
AMAC

prodigit
09-25-2013, 10:19 PM
I have a dream too! To buy a big motorcycle. I can only afford $3k, and the other $5k would be you who will want to fund me in it.
I'm planning on using it to go to NC. Now, I know, y'all don't care one squiggelidoo about that, but I do.
Oh, and remember! It's much better to support me here, than if I where to waste my time and money into prostitution, which a lot of 33yr old men do around here!

So, support my goals and dreams please!
I dont give a BLEEP about yours, but please support mine!

prodigit
09-25-2013, 10:20 PM
^^ That was sarcasm btw ^^

Gimpdog
09-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Geez, prodigit, I was almost just about ready to help you out. Almost.