PDA

View Full Version : Proof that inhaling gas fumes causes brain damage.

carasdad
09-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Proof that inhaling gas fumes causes brain damage.I think this dude had a lil too much Toluene in his fresh air supply...even my Yamaha 2T DT250 Enduro couldn't top his Scoot...wow... :nuts:
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/3986414878.html

inuyasha
09-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Hi Glenn
I wouldnt go so far as to say hes incorrect, with a proper install and the right parts a 2 t scoot can be extremely fast, and adly,s are great platform to start with
Heres a few very fast 2 t scoots
http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=53367
And now that april is well broken in i think its time to upgrade her
Im thinking wth a 90 cc upgrade she could hit high 70,s and close to 80 mph quite easliy
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

carasdad
09-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Hank.. Reason I question it is because I own one of exactly the same Scoots. With all the bells n whistles it will hit 56mph at 10,000 rpm...unless I up gear it. As you know these are normally aspirated engines..while the Aprilla with the Ditech engine is not. Using an online calculator from another site..the stock gears and tire size we have means the engine would have to turn 12,000rpm+ to hit 71mph.Which seems about right...since I hit 10,000 to get 56mph. The engine would also have to make just over 10 hp. When I bought my tuned pipe I did LOTS of research...and the best pipes on the market for a 70cc BBK were dyno'd at 8.5 hp.:nod:
Hope your weather over there is better than ours up here. 3 Days ago and the whole week prior we were 90+ degrees and miserable.Then bam! 3rd day into Sept and I wake this am to 41 degrees..so cold I could see my breath...yet 3 days ago it was 70 degrees by 7 am...and humid.Today's high is 30 degrees cooler than all of last week.Eeeshhh..like hitting a light switch..*click*.. "Hi..I am September..get your jacket"..:s

inuyasha
09-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi Glenn
Want to hear some thing strange
In the past Aprilia made carburated versions of the SR in addition to efi
Those years the stock efi versions put out 6.5 BHP and the stock carb 8.5 BHP:hmm::nuts:
We are experiencing 75 degrees with 83 % humidity here in CT quite uncomfortable weather:ugh:
Yours Hank

carasdad
09-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi Glenn
Want to hear some thing strange
In the past Aprilia made carburated versions of the SR in addition to efi
Those years the stock efi versions put out 6.5 BHP and the stock carb 8.5 BHP:hmm::nuts:
We are experiencing 75 degrees with 83 % humidity here in CT quite uncomfortable weather:ugh:
Yours Hank
8.5 BHP is awesome for a stock engine...they must come with a quality tuned pipe? 6.5 BHP from an EFI? They must have really de-tuned it. I found...and then lost..a kewl page where they offer a low cost EFI or Turbo kit for Scoots. Sad part is that the Taiwanese company only sells them to Asian and European countries..:hmm: I wonder why not to the U.S. ?...:shrug: