PDA

View Full Version : 2t oils

dwint51
08-30-2013, 07:04 PM
I have a 50cc Chinese 2t and im using walmart oil .ive been having a hard time since I bought this with fouling plugs.i removed the cap off my air fuel mixture screw and leaned it down a little and had to raise the idle.seemed to be running fine and starting better.went for a ride today and it wouldn't start.took out the plug and it was black.put in a new plug and when I came home the new plug was white on the electrode.it was only maybe 4 miles with new plug.how can one plug be black and no adjustments a new one be white?

skuttadawg
08-30-2013, 10:48 PM
First off NEVER use weedeater grade oil . I use Maxxima synthetic blend and Motul 710 full synthetic when I have the extra cash . Premium oil only smokes at start up , does not foul the plug like generic stuff . My pedal mopeds that I premixed with any oil ( until I learned about premium oils ) would leave a com trail . I was a young teen and paid for my own stuff with money I made cutting grass so I had to use a budget . Well I saved up and sold a few mopeds ( I had a sweet collection ) and bought a used Honda CR80 2T motorcycle . I hated how I would have to clean the spark plug with carb cleaner because it would foul out . I already knew NGK is the only brand to use , and one day a trail riding buddy told me about the NGK iridium plug and BelRay MC1 full synthetic oil . I went to a motorcycle shop anmd asked if they had the oil and plug in stock . They did and both cost more than the standard stuff but well worth the extra coins . The iridium fires better and almost never needed to be cleaned like the standard with cheap oil .

I use a NGK BRP8HIX in my 2T scooter . Some opt for the 7 in that series since it is a hotter heat range but but the 8 works better for me than the 7 .

Note look for injector safe on the oil bottle as some is premix only

skuttadawg
08-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Never use Lucas 2t oil . I tried it oil and did not stay mixed up as when I drained the carb bowl it was blue at first then clear . They often have dye so you can see if its mixed up with your eyes .

carasdad
08-31-2013, 07:47 AM
As Kevin said above. Cheaper Weedeater grade oils leave lots of ash and carbon. Also plug range is important! I run an 8 series in my scoot and it is slightly carbon coated. I use Yamalube 2S brand oil. It is a synthetic base oil that burns clean. If I use a 7 series plug in my 2T however...it runs hot! Overheats...soft seizes and the plug comes out ashen gray or a bit white. I agree with avoid the Lucas stuff. Their 4T oils and oil products are great. But the 2T stuff separates if pre-mixed just like Castor based oils do also. Amsoil is my favorite oil..but hard to find where I live. Also NEVER use the TCW3 boat motor oils. They are designed for cool running liquid cooled engines. Sure most have a pic of a motorcycle or Scooter on the label...but unless those are liquid cooled..don't use it.:tdown: I used to use the Wal Mart little blue bottle oil...out of desperation while trying to find a good oil. It fouled my plugs even when used in my auto-lube system. Had to repack the silencer can on my tuned pipe twice in the first month because it became plugged with goo and unburned oil. The back pressure that created caused several HOT runs...which in turn soft seized one BBK 4 times. Not even a month old..I had to replace the BBK because compression dropped to 90psi and it would barely run...>:(

teddy554
08-31-2013, 11:54 AM
i use weed eater oil with no issues also have you tired to adjust your oil pump cable, maybe it is pumping to much oil and a white plug is a sign of being lean not enough fuel. Not saying anyone is wrong about there oil choice

dwint51
08-31-2013, 04:47 PM
didn't no there was a adjustment for the oil pump

dwint51
08-31-2013, 04:48 PM
im also going to try a different oil

inuyasha
09-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi
I use Royal Purple with excellent results
http://royalpurpleconsumer.com/products/hp-2c-2-cycle-engine-oil/
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

jct842
09-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Nothing wrong with out board oils such as the mercury quicksilver oil, their formulated to go in multi-thousand dollar outboards.