PDA

View Full Version : My new Roketa 250

maddlibb
08-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Yesterday I received my scooter. Did some pdi stuff last night, changed oil, gear oil, flush the antifreeze, ran water through it and replaced with new antifreeze, added premium gas and started like a champ. It was getting late, so I rode a few miles and went to bed. Rides good. Question, I'm jumping in with both feet. Had a 50cc honda spree as a kid, Learning on youtube, big guys pdi report ect.

question: Do I need to remove all the body casings to check the spark plug or is there an easier way? I still need to check the fuel lines and hoses I cant see. Does anyone know of videos that cover everything on this scoot?

Guest_3
08-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Congrats on the new ride !. :cheers:

Do I need to remove all the body casings to check the spark plug or is there an easier way?I'm not sure if yours has one ?

On my 2008 Roketa there is a removable plastic lid under the seat to get to the top of the engine.

maddlibb
08-30-2013, 12:49 PM
type would help, its a 2011 Roketa 250cc Scooter Type 54B

there was a small removable piece under the set that I didn't remove. I will check it out when I get home, thx.

maddlibb
09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Noticed my "Roketa" Scooter doesnt say "roketa" anywhere on it, it says Jonway, 250. which according to web searches is a Honda reflex remake. Dont think its a big deal but is there much of a defferance between Roketa and Jonway that anyone knows of? Jonway has a nicer website than Roketa :) , but are they actually the same company?

bhinch
09-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Do you know which engine you have. The Honda clone is a 244cc and has a vertical cylinder. The Yamaha clone is a 257cc and has a horiziontal cylinder. I removed the lower right hand plastic and was able to get the the spark plug. May I ask why you want to get to the sparkplug? The newer scooters already have the correct spark plug. If is running fine, why change the plug. Just a thought....

maddlibb
09-24-2013, 04:58 PM
As part of my PDI, I wanted to make sure it wasnt a cheap spark plug from China... It is the honda clone. - this is the one I bought : http://www.superiorpowersports.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RK250SC-54B-FL&CartID=1

They have it marked wrong on the site, its not the 54B. Turns out to be a jonway yy250 MC 54 ( or hell maybe there are all the same! ) , it runs very well, hit 72 mph on it today, still a little throttle left also got it all registered today! no more riding Dirty :) From my online search, Roketa is just a branding company, not a Manufacturer, while Jonway is the real Manufacture.

Pearl
09-28-2013, 04:15 PM
congratulations on the new scooter. Very nice looking machine. I also wouldnt think it would need a plug. for what its worth on my bike you remove the right lower skirt under the floor to get the plug maybe the same on yours

novaraptor
09-30-2013, 06:08 PM
And Roketa doesn't make scooters. They are an importer that deals with a lot of different manufacturers throughout China. I don't know if they examine then buy bulk, or if they provide specs and have a batch built to their spec. Word is that the quality of their selection is getting better all the time.