PDA

View Full Version : Repro Cushmans available

wheelbender6
08-24-2013, 05:37 PM
This site is selling Cushman repro scoots. They look like the originals, but with brighter colors.
http://www.kjackmotors.com

spandi
08-25-2013, 12:00 AM
The space under the seat of a Cushman is so big it's a wonder no one thought to put in a big 404cc power-plant until now. (Got it on my wish list!)

jct842
08-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Wonder what they go for. 404cc and only a 1.8 gal tank too. I like the whole idea though. I think they probably have some sort of an industrial engine which should last forever. My dream scooter should be aircooled and sized so you can ride the highways with a true step through. There is more power in liquid cooling but looking at a lot of the problems people have with the cooling on the chinese 250 scooters. They have built industrial gas air cooled engines for just about a million years and lots of them have 10,000 hours or more on them with just normal maintenance

wheelbender6
08-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Hmmm. You think a Briggs Vanguard v-twin might fit under the seat? I have seen them on Eagles.

jct842
08-25-2013, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=wheelbender6;522567]Hmmm. You think a Briggs Vanguard v-twin might fit under the seat? I have seen them on Eagles.[/QUOTE

probably would. An industrial engine would be the last engine you would need in your scooter. They might not be quite as fast off the line but would keep ticking and ticking and ticking. Kind of like my ford 8n tractor still running strong after 60 some years

just sent inquiry on costs. It also would be nice to know a little more about what is under the hood too, engine and transmission and method of drive. I would expect a cvt with a chain coupling. I would rather see that than a unique gear drive that takes special parts.

cookees
08-25-2013, 08:29 PM
I sent in a dealer inquirery.

qwertydude
08-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Interersting. I would definitely be seeing heads exploding over these. The California Scooter Company Mustang replicas caused an uproar from Original Mustang fans.

I could imagine the furor this would cause because out of all the two wheel vehicle owner profiles Cushman owners have to be the oldest, crotchetiest, shake your fist at the youngin-ist bunch around.

cookees
08-29-2013, 09:15 PM
No reply to my inquiry as of yet. Strange....

jct842
08-30-2013, 01:24 AM
none to me either.

Gimpdog
08-30-2013, 04:01 AM
Maybe the Cushmans were taken over by those crotchety people because they wanted the new, improved models????? Ah, well, just thinking out loud...

Guest_3
08-30-2013, 10:38 AM
No reply to my inquiry as of yet. Strange.... none to me either. Sounds like a company I'd stay away from,

If they didn't reply to you in a timely manner for asking about becoming a dealer for them.

How would their customer/dealer support be ? just as slow ??. :hmm:

I highly doubt that they are SO busy, that they can't answer emails quickly.

qwertydude
08-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Or those crotchety old men haven't learned how to use email yet. They are originally a newspaper vending machine company. That market is just about dead by now.

jct842
08-31-2013, 12:11 PM
I googled the address and found it is a fairly good sized set of buildings. Its possible they shut down for a vacation. Any way inside they should have just about all the metal working equipment to craft a scooter. I would sure like to see them get going and make some scooters that are not plastic crap ware and that have a real floor board.

The internet has just about killed off newspaper sales and I doubt if they have sold any machines at all in the last few years so they should be hungry.

bintelli
08-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Sounds like a company I'd stay away from,

If they didn't reply to you in a timely manner for asking about becoming a dealer for them.

How would their customer/dealer support be ? just as slow ??. :hmm:

I highly doubt that they are SO busy, that they can't answer emails quickly.

I tend to agree.