PDA

View Full Version : ac/dc?

dwint51
08-21-2013, 12:13 PM
ive been having a lot of issues with my jonway 50cc2t since I got it a few months ago with 150 miles.first it was sometimes have the gas gauge working or not.seems like when my gauge doesn't go on the starter button doesn't work but will kick start.i had blinkers and horn and today my horn is barely working and when I turn on the blinkers they don't work and I hear a buzzing sound.i took the dash apart and checked all wires and checked my batt cables they are tight.so I have some kind of electrical problem but don't no where to begin

watcher64
08-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Sounds like your rectifier is bad ...

watcher64
08-21-2013, 01:52 PM
The stator puts out AC, the rectifier converts to DC, but If I am not mistaken on some scooters the DC from the battery runs through it as well, and it acts as a voltage regulator ..

I could be full of crap so your mileage may vary ..

dwint51
08-21-2013, 02:13 PM
im going home now to get my charger now and see what percent is full.shouldnt my horn and blinkers work while running though?they worked yesterday

watcher64
08-21-2013, 02:17 PM
With all the electrical problems you have been having sounds like a cascade failure, and the common point to all the electrical is the rectifier (which I mistakenly called a regulator in another thread). I am not sure how a jonway 2t is wired, but somethings work directly off the battery , some off the rectifier, so they only work when running.

Just as an example my blinkers and tail lights work when not running, but headlights only when running.

dwint51
08-21-2013, 02:50 PM
you are not going to believe this but I replaced the fuse by the battery with the spare they gave me and the filament inside looked good but was corroded.i bought a new one and everything works fine.its the simple things that I over looked lol.thanks everyone for your input:doh:

watcher64
08-21-2013, 03:35 PM
ahhhh HA!!!

Glad you found it ... corrosion = flakey contact, makes sense ...