PDA

View Full Version : electrical nightmare

dwint51
08-18-2013, 01:18 PM
sometimes when I push the starter button it will turn over sometimes it doesn't.i checked for spark by kicking it and there is spark.sometimes when I turn the key the gas gauge will work sometimes not.i checked my battery and fuse.my horn and blinkers work.when I push the button I hear a click like a stuck solenoid.this is my only transportation and really have to figure this out .please help me guys

dwint51
08-18-2013, 02:19 PM
I just went to start it with the button and it started.went for alittle three minute ride and turned it off.turned the key back on and all I hear is a click so I kicked it and it started rite up.this only has 150 miles on it and a few months old I wouldn't think I would have starter issues.its a jonway 2t 50cc.do these scoots even have a solenoid ?if I had a faulty switch I wouldn't hear a clicking sound would I?

watcher64
08-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Could be as simple as a bad ground , check all your ground wires ... and starter wires ..

But that is just a suggestion ...

dwint51
08-18-2013, 06:50 PM
I did check the starter wires they are tight but like you said if something works some times and then stops it should be a ground.i was warned on these sites about china scooters and the wiring.i took the dash apart and some were loose.i guess eventually i'll get the bugs out of this thing I just don't want to get stuck somewhere.i don't no about scooters but on other things starter to solenoid,to batt and neg ground.

blueboy5000
08-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Did you check to make sure your brake light switch is working? There is one on each brake handle; depress the handle and make sure the small plunger extends and your brake light comes on. If the switch stays closed, and the brake light doesn't come on, the bike will not start.

dwint51
08-19-2013, 09:28 AM
no I didn't check that but that would be a easy fix.as a matter a fact you might have the answer cause the other day it turned over without the brake handle pulled in so maybe it is sticking

blueboy5000
08-20-2013, 08:03 AM
no I didn't check that but that would be a easy fix.as a matter a fact you might have the answer cause the other day it turned over without the brake handle pulled in so maybe it is sticking

Cool! Glad to be of help :D