PDA

View Full Version : mikuni?

dwint51
08-07-2013, 07:43 PM
I have a 2t 50cc jonway.can someone tell me a good carb for this stock scoot?the one on there only has a idle screw and is really hard starting.once I get it going and warm its fine.i want to be able to use the throttle cable it came with if possible but what millimeter do these use?

teddy554
08-09-2013, 11:57 AM
I like this carb cause the are direct fit with vac and oil line no modes needed i would get the 17.5 with the electric choke http://www.racingplanetusa.com/carburetor-arreche-various-versions-minarelli-p-2658-1.html?cPath=2948_24562_24576&sessID=9bb3eaaa27aeb5a48d2930b2f113879f
and this is one of the original 2t carb and it has air/fuel screw will fit with no mods http://www.racingplanetusa.com/carburetor-keeway-generic-1e40qmb-p-5048-1.html?cPath=2948_24562_24576&sessID=9bb3eaaa27aeb5a48d2930b2f113879f

prodigit
08-10-2013, 04:49 AM
I have a mikuni on my 127cc MC-05-127, and cold it idles very low (~1000RPM), but hot it idles very high (~1400 RPM).

carasdad
08-11-2013, 08:51 AM
I have a 2t 50cc jonway.can someone tell me a good carb for this stock scoot?the one on there only has a idle screw and is really hard starting.once I get it going and warm its fine.i want to be able to use the throttle cable it came with if possible but what millimeter do these use?
Good luck finding a Mikuni Scooter carb. My Adly Thunder Bike 50 came with one.Just for fun I browsed an hour or so to find one...EVEN on their site. No luck! But somebody did send me a link to one...but $138.00..ridiculous! For customers I get the Leader...QJ and Fentai exact clones on Ebay for $25.00 shipped. They are fully adjustable and work extremely well...in fact they use use the Mikuni VM11/22 jets. :scoot:

dwint51
08-11-2013, 08:57 AM
thanks i'll look into it

skuttadawg
08-13-2013, 10:52 PM
My 2T Jonway , a Magnum came with a 19mm TK carb and the air screw was not sealed up like many . Many have 17.5mm or smaller so I was lucky to have a19mm . Mine always needed to give it a sip of throttle to start it up and ran great . Make sure to double check any carb or interest that it has an oil line ( if you want to use the oil injector ) and electric choke as motorcycle types have a manual switch or cabled choke . Mikuni is a great brand of carbs and other fuel parts . Kehin is another good one .

Should you decide to replace the stock oil pump with a ( way better ) Mikuni oil pump you will need to replace the throttle cable with part # 159-26 from PFS . PFS also now sells a Minarelli main jet kit for 15 bucks which is great as most high end part places only have them for Delorto or other expensive brands . My TK uses Mikuni VM11/22 main jets like most and I bought a few from www.power-barn.com but had to pay per jet instead of a kit and 6 shipping regardless how many I bought .

I always had to give it a sip of throttle to start and more so after I installed a BBK . I replaced the 40 IJ with a 45IJ and now no throttle needed to start . You may want to pour in some SeaFoam to clean out the carb or manualy remove the bowl after you drain it and unscrew the jets to clean by hand with any brand of carb cleaner spray or a stiff solid strand wire . A NGK iridium like BRP8HIX like I use it light years better than the crappy Torch brand that some come with and the iridium is a lil better than the standard NGK . I t will start and run better but no performance gain

skuttadawg
08-13-2013, 10:53 PM
If you can afford the EFI is an awesome upgrade like this kit with optional secondary injector http://www.ecotrons.com/2_Stroke_Small_Engine_EFI_kit.html

dwint51
08-14-2013, 04:21 AM
thanks,im going to take the carb apart cause when I first start it and its at high idle I have to give it gas right away or it will stall till its warm.my plug always looks like its running rich and asked the scooter mech here and he said he doesn't notices much difference in the iranium plugs so I didn't buy one.i had it good and warm the other day and got the idle around 1800 so im going to leave that alone.i have the plug gapped at 32 and have tried 25 and don't see a difference.i took the gas line off with the gas filter and pushed the starter button and it shoots gas out no problem.the other line coming from the tank I tried sucking on it and nothing happened.money is a factor and I have a really bad back and cant afford someone to work on it.so im hopping to get this fixed myself.:thanks: