PDA

View Full Version : CY 50-A TOATOA, replacing left side handlebar grip & switches

BIGNICK
08-01-2013, 07:38 PM
CY 50-A TOATOA , 49cc built in 4-2013
My turn signal switch is broken off. I ordered the replacement handlebar grip with the rear brake lever ,light , horn , turn signal switches . I have never replaced that type of handle setup before. I cant find a repair manual anywhere for my scooter. Can you tell me what I need to do to get this old handle bar end off & replace with the new setup. Thanks,

prodigit
08-05-2013, 06:18 PM
2 words:

"Too bad!"

LoL!

But you basically will have to figure it out yourself.

inuyasha
08-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi
Your not going to have and figure it out yourself
Thats why we are here
This manual will help
http://www.chinesescooterreference.com/pdf/50_150cc_gy6_shop_manual.pdf
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

prodigit
08-06-2013, 10:39 PM
With figuring out yourself I meant, that there aren't particularly a lot of dealerships or mechanics willing to work on a chinese scooter.

DaveC
08-07-2013, 12:43 AM
2 words:

"Too bad!"

LoL!

But you basically will have to figure it out yourself.

A$$ wipe
Hope u never need help

ckizer
08-07-2013, 05:32 PM
What area are you in? It's very easy to do, but I found that suddenly when I was allowed to work on my scooter in a motorcycle shop surrounded by people who knew what they were doing (incase I needed help) I felt much more confident.

If you are somewhere in the midwest like Indiana, Ohio I could meet up with you and show you.

Should be two screws in the back of it, just loosen it off. From what I remember it's kind of like those bells you would attach to your bicycle as a kid. It's just pinched onto the handlebars.

prodigit
08-10-2013, 04:52 AM
A$$ wipe
Hope u never need help

I hope so too! That way I would not need to ask anyone!