PDA

View Full Version : only 70 miles on new jonway 2t

dwint51
07-30-2013, 09:46 AM
ever since I bought this it has been hard starting.it seems to be getting harder to start.sometimes it will just crank and crank and nothing.sometimes it will try to start but stall.changed the plug and same thing.checked filter still looks new.it also needs to be on center stand to start

Firehawk989
07-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Cylinder/piston might not be quite broken in yet, maybe low compression? Or could just be the carb settings are off. Have you tried using the kick start instead?

dwint51
07-30-2013, 05:39 PM
I adjusted the carb seems alright but ill have to see tomorrow when it sits overnight.

Firehawk989
07-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Also make sure your head bolts are tight!

dwint51
07-30-2013, 06:53 PM
ok ill check them,thanks

skuttadawg
08-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Check the intake for leaks and that all hoses are attached . Do you give it any throttle at start up ? My 2T I had to give it just a sip since if I did not sometimes it would hit and die . I later put on a BBK and had the same effect but it would not idle too good or for a long time with out stalling or giving it a lil throttle . I replaced the stock 40 idle jet with a 45 . Now it starts better with no throttle and idles perfect .

One day after a perfect running ride the next morning it would not start up at all . Baffled and mad since it was newish and had not had any problems I called my scooter dealer for advice . He told me how they had a scooter that ran great and also would not start . He said everything checked out , so he drained the carb bowl and fuel tank and filled it up with nonethanol gas and tada it started . I bought a siphon pump to drain the tank at Harbor Freight since it was only 5 bucks and much less hassle than removing hoses . To drain the carb bowl there should be s screw plug you loosen up . Make sure to have the drain hose inside a container rather than have gas get on the ground . I refilled with trusted gas and mine was new again . I was riding in the country and bought gas from a shady station that had some water in the gas . This happened 2 or 3 times again after it would rain since I installed a Uni airfilter . I have a carport and tarp cover but in a heavy storm it seems some water still got in the carb . The other times I only drained the carb bowl instead of the tank . I had blue 2T oil and noticed it flowed clear at first then blue . Put the plug in and it was good again .

Check your sparkplug since a 2T burn oil is common to have it fouled out if you use weedeater grade oil instead of a name brand synthetic or synthetic blend . NGK is the ONLY brand of sparkplug to use . Mine came with a standard type and I replaced with an iridium . I learned about iridiums and synthetic 2T oil while trail riding my Honda CR125 25 years ago from a buddy . Previously I used weed eater oil and standard NGK and I premixed heavy and would have to remove and clean the spark plug with carb cleaner spray . I bought and iridium and Bel Ray MC1 2T and wow it not only started easier , but also ran better and almost no smoke . Before I would leave a com trail

dwint51
08-02-2013, 12:56 PM
that could be my problem.i ran out of gas and put regular 87 octane in it but added premium.i did put a new plug in and no differance

DaveC
08-06-2013, 09:45 AM
http://pure-gas.org/

ckizer
08-07-2013, 05:29 PM
What is pure-gas?

inuyasha
08-07-2013, 05:37 PM
What is pure-gas?
Hi
Ethanol free fuel
Ethanol can damage and or destroy rubber and plastic components so most of us try to aquire and use fuel that does not include it as an additive
Direct quote from the site
"Many cars, motorcycles, boats, aircraft and tools have engines that run worse, or have parts that deteriorate, when run on gasoline that contains ethanol. In addition, ethanol leaves residue on valves and other parts that can hinder performance."
Take care and ride safely my friend
Yours Hank

dwint51
08-07-2013, 06:27 PM
I also put some sta-bil in it would that affect anything?

prodigit
08-10-2013, 04:55 AM
In the Florida Keys, multiple gas stations sell it labeled as 'Recreation fuel', recognizable by an orange hose.