PDA

View Full Version : 2005 TNG Lowboy never ending search for..

emmiller912
07-30-2013, 07:43 AM
I bought a TNG Lowboy 150cc in 2005. It's had a few little issues here and there but nothing substantial or that I couldn't handle on my own. It's been a great scooter and I have (had) no intention of getting rid of it until I decided to replace my exhaust.

I believe my scooter is one that they (TNG / CMSI) only made for one year. None of the other TNG Lowboys that I've seen have 13" wheels like mine. My engine stamp is: CMSI 1P57QMJ.

I've purchased 3 different exhausts that claim they will fit my type of scooter. There are many many scooters that look like mine but I'm telling you none of the exhausts fit (even the ones that say they are for scoots with wheels above 12").

What is it about this 2005 model? I haven't been able to ride my scooter for months. It's killing me. Does anyone out there know about early TNG Lowboys? Or where I can get an exhaust that will fit? On the exhausts I've purchased the header pipes won't fit because the flange is always at the wrong angle. The one exhaust I bought that looked like my old exhaust had the right flange angle but the pipe was way too short and the muffler didn't come close to fitting.. This is so frustrating. I even tried to manipulate the header pipes to make them fit. No luck.

Frustrated.

Guest_3
07-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Welcome to ScootDawg. :cheers:
I've purchased the header pipes won't fit because the flange is always at the wrong angle.
Take your new and old header pipe to any muffler shop and have them re bend the new one to match the old one. :tup:

emmiller912
07-30-2013, 09:13 AM
I've tried that, they told me that they do not bend pipe that small. I've also taken one of the exhausts to a metal shop, I spent hours there & the guy who helped me ended up cutting & welding the header pipe back together so it would fit. It worked for 3 days and then broke in half at one of the welds.

Guest_3
07-30-2013, 09:42 AM
It worked for 3 days and then broke in half at one of the welds.

I've NEVER had a new weld break on me.

He did a piss poor job if it broke in 3 days, Find a better welder. :)