PDA

View Full Version : gas not coming out line from tank

dwint51
07-29-2013, 08:46 PM
im having some starting issues with my jonway two stroke.i filled the tank and disconnected the gas line and nothing came out.so I blew into the gas line and it isn't clogged.arent these gravity fed.ive had problems with this since I bought it.its hard to start for one and it idles high till warm so im assuming the electric choke is working.this only has 70 miles on it.tried a new plug bpr7hs that came with it.

dwint51
07-29-2013, 08:48 PM
im having some starting issues with my jonway two stroke.i filled the tank and disconnected the gas line and nothing came out.so I blew into the gas line and it isn't clogged.arent these gravity fed.ive had problems with this since I bought it.its hard to start for one and it idles high till warm so im assuming the electric choke is working.this only has 70 miles on it.tried a new plug bpr7hs that came with it.
I have sta-bil in it also and seems like its running rich

watcher64
07-29-2013, 09:28 PM
did you disconnect from the tank or below the vacuum petcock? There is a vacuum powered petcock on most of these, it does not open unless the motor is turning over ...

dwint51
07-29-2013, 10:08 PM
I disconnected the fuel line before the filter

techie610
07-30-2013, 12:37 AM
1 line is the fuel, and the other from the petcock is a vacuum, to open it. Take both lines off at the other end, and suck on the one that shouldn't have gas flow.
If no gas, clean tank, or replace petcock.
If gas, you have no vacuum to it, verify line is good. If so, bigger problem.

dwint51
07-30-2013, 08:56 AM
not sure what you are calling a petcock.on a motorcycle it turns your gas off.is it the white plastic that goes to a t

dwint51
07-30-2013, 09:33 AM
not sure what you are calling a petcock.on a motorcycle it turns your gas off.is it the white plastic that goes to a t
I went and looked at the lines and couldn't believe how many lines come off the carb.my Harley has one line going to tank to carb.what are all these little hoses going into a t pollution?

dwint51
07-30-2013, 04:00 PM
took the line off and cranked it over and it comes out so im good to go.