PDA

View Full Version : The forums are completely confusing…

ckizer
07-29-2013, 10:32 AM
So I searched for scooter forums on google like most people. (I'm a UI designer for a living, web/mobile/apps for a company with a big fruit in the logo)

Up comes your OLD forums. I only figure out they are old by browsing every thread.

Everytime I search or come to this new forums (here) they aren't very lively.

Why is everyone at the old forums? It seemed like a lot of new people search and find the old ones. There isn't a SINGLE big LINK that says "Forums are closed go HERE" anywhere.

What gives? All the new people are finding the old forums, and nobody is directing them here!

Do you need me to whip up some code for the moderators to redirect new users to this forum?

Really love the community here, would like a new generic thread for "Scooter Customization" where it shows any aftermarket styles, paint, lights people are doing on their scooters.

Admin
07-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Long story short (you can search in the News/Support forum for more threads on this), there was a hostile take-over of the old forum by a disgruntled free forum host, and some clueless members. We don't have access to the old forum, therefore can't redirect people here.

Welcome! :D

ckizer
07-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Oh gotcha. I'm sorry that happened. We deal with that exact issue a bunch at our office. If there's anything I can do let me know.

epyon96r
07-29-2013, 10:03 PM
a scooter customization thread would be nice! good idea ckizer

inuyasha
07-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi
^
:doh::taunt:
We already have a sub forum for that its called "Custom Builds"
http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29
Take care and ride safely my friends
Yours Hank