PDA

View Full Version : Taotao powermax 150 - 230mi, first scooter today

ckizer
07-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Here's my first scooter. I'm planning to take all the stickers off and paint it a solid color

ckizer
07-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Sorry I can't upload all the pictures at the same time from my iphone

ckizer
07-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Here's another

inuyasha
07-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
Congratulations on the new scoot
Shes your first so have you ridden motorbikes before and do you have your motorcycle endorsement?
Take care and ride safely
Yours hank

ckizer
07-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Endorsement means paperwork correct? I'm picking up the title from the person who purchased it this week. I know he has it as a picture copy is in his phone, and he's a person who's familiar too me.

As soon as I have that I will head to the BMV here in Fort Wayne, Indiana and get a plate for it.

inuyasha
07-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Endorsement means paperwork correct? I'm picking up the title from the person who purchased it this week. I know he has it as a picture copy is in his phone, and he's a person who's familiar too me.

As soon as I have that I will head to the BMV here in Fort Wayne, Indiana and get a plate for it.
Hi
150ccs and larger require registration insurance and a motorcycle endorsement on your licence as in most states they are classified as a motorcycle with the DMV
When a scooter is considered a motorcycle
(1)When it is rated at more than 2HP; and
(2)When it has more than 50cc; and
(3)When the designed speed is greater than 25MPH.

(f) If this is the case in the latter example, then it is considered a motorcycle
(i) Drivers and passengers under 18 must wear head and eye protection;
(ii) Drivers must have with them a valid motorcycle endorsement or
motorcycle learners permit;
(iii) The vehicle must be registered (license plates) and insured;
(iv)All other motor vehicle laws apply;
(v) It may be driven by no more than 2 side by side in a single lane.
This was found here
http://www.fwpd.org/prevention/?ID=crime_prevention1184160838
I would recommend taking an MSF course http://online2.msf-usa.org/msf/Default.aspx
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

ckizer
07-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks. I figured as much. I'll be doing a bunch of paperwork this week it looks like.

techie610
07-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Congrats on the bike. good looking. and VIP bike are typically pretty smooth rides. :)

taz001
07-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Here in oHIo for a two wheeled conveyance to be a moped one of the requirements is pedals. It must also be on the BMV's oHIo list of mopeds. Ain't on the list it ain't a moped. But on the other side of the coin, a person can send a letter to the state capitol explaining why it should be considered a moped, and they may, at the state's discretion, give a variance for it to be allowed to be registered as a moped. Here in oHIo one must still hold a current and valid drivers license. No motorcycle endorsement needed for a moped.

Frank Castle
02-07-2014, 01:39 PM
ive seen those 'vip' scoots here in miami