PDA

View Full Version : New Jonway Zuma Clone Scooter

mcginnismark14@yahoo.
07-18-2013, 06:55 PM
I just bought one of these to commute to college. It was $1079 plus tax and license so it ended up being $1250 out the door. It a copy of the Japanese 125cc zuma, this one has a 150cc in it. Anyone else ever had one of these and know about the reliability of Jonway? It seems to be working ok so far, some of the metal casted parts are not the greatest quality, but everything works. I just changed the oil and gear oil cause I wanted to get that china oil out of it.:scoot:

Guest_3
07-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Congrats & Welcome to ScootDawg. :cheers:

larrball
07-18-2013, 07:08 PM
I have had my jonway VIP for a little over 3 years and have never had any real problems.
I cant say if the new ones are good, but i do know that prire to 2008 jonway had some poor scoots and sales droped big time, so they stepped up the game in 2009.
If you do a good PDI and catch any problems first off, you should be in good shape.
Take a look at this do as much of it as you can.

http://www.chinesescooterreference.com/pdi.htm

mcginnismark14@yahoo.
07-18-2013, 07:09 PM
thanks, I owned a kymco super 8 50cc before and a ninja 250, I needed something cheap cause I bought a nicer car, and needed the cash lol, just moved to Arizona so needed something to ride

mcginnismark14@yahoo.
07-18-2013, 07:12 PM
thanks good info. my old kymco was nothing but problems. The mirrors when straight scraped the front cowling and the dealer couldn't fix it, it leaked oil out of the crankcase after owning for 2 weeks, after 3 trips to the dealer the oil seal was bad cause of an out of round crankshaft, finally got my oil leak fixed. Then it ate through 3 batteries in 2 years and I used it weekly. After owning a "name brand" and having problems I figured the chinese ones couldn't be much worse haha

wheelbender6
07-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the forum. Good lookin scoot.

larrball
07-18-2013, 09:42 PM
thanks good info. my old kymco was nothing but problems. The mirrors when straight scraped the front cowling and the dealer couldn't fix it, it leaked oil out of the crankcase after owning for 2 weeks, after 3 trips to the dealer the oil seal was bad cause of an out of round crankshaft, finally got my oil leak fixed. Then it ate through 3 batteries in 2 years and I used it weekly. After owning a "name brand" and having problems I figured the Chinese ones couldn't be much worse haha

For the most part Kymco makes a good well rounded scoot overall.
I'm going out on a limb, to say "bad PDI on the dealers end" ?

Unless the scooter was abused from the start. and like a Timex watch, they take a licking, but keep on a ticking.

They should not be offering any scooter they cant meet the manufacturers contract for sales/service and or repair.

Admin
07-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forum sir! :tup:

mcginnismark14@yahoo.
07-20-2013, 10:19 PM
got 125 miles on the new scoot as of today. Went to change the spark plug expecting to see some Chinese junk plug and to my surprise it came with a NGK haha :s

thumper650
07-21-2013, 12:39 PM
congrats on the new scoot. There's a dealer in CT that's selling 50cc Zuma look alikes. I'd love to get one but don't know about the quality.

spandi
07-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Hiya and welcome! Very nice looking Machine. The Chinese stuff is getting better and better little by little. Do a good pdi and unless you got a lemon, you shouldn't have any problems. (and if you do there are plenty of folks on the scoot forums to help.) Happy Motoring! :scoot: