PDA

View Full Version : Gloom, Despair, And Agony on me

lykos23
07-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Let's get this out of the way...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPL7nN99jno

So another series of unfortunate events has taken place.

First I ordered 10 AMBER bulbs on ebay only to receive RED bulbs (which are illegal in my state), then the bracket that holds the top of my muffler on snapped somehow when going for a ride. Then my battery stopped holding a charge... Now all of a sudden I'm leaking oil.

I think I can drill another hole on the bracket and then re-bolt it on... I'm thinking about getting a Yuasa 9amp battery, and I know the leaking is caused by a ripped gasket - my gasket had a small tear in it from removing it from the package - boy was it delicate! For 400 miles I had no oil leaking so I thought everything was okay. But then all of a sudden my battery stopped being able to crank my engine and it became twice as difficult to kick start because of the compression, and then all of a sudden that went away and I had leaking oil.

Anyone know where to get affordable 50mm bbk gaskets? ???

wheelbender6
07-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Take it one issue at the time. Your idea to rehang the tail pipe sounds good. If the hanging bracket is gone, you may be able to make a temporary one with perforated strap (looks like a roll of tape but it is metal and already has holes drilled in it.) I'd take care of the battery next. Work on the oil leak last. It could be a simple gasket replacement like you said. However, if stopping the leak requires an engine teardown, you may be able to just slow the leak by using a thicker, single viscosity oil.