PDA

View Full Version : brake reservoir inspection window popped off

chinaman
07-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Received my new 150 cc sunny scooter friday, assembled it today and it started right up everything is working fine. Problem is, on the right hand handle bar where the brake reservoir is, the little plastic see through cap popped off when i started it, it's leaking brake fluid. Does anyone know if I can glue that in? Looks like it has a rubber gasket on the inside and threads but I see no way of screwing it in...looks like it may have just been stamped on there some how. Anyone know?

cookees
07-07-2013, 10:51 PM
you can use a silicon sealant to glue the site glass back in.

here's a link..http://www.joshorndorff.com/book/export/html/686

chinaman
07-08-2013, 01:05 AM
Thank you cookees!!

smoak
07-09-2013, 12:01 AM
wow, I would be calling the dealer and asking for a new brake pull assembly if you just got the bike! I would hate for it to pop back out while trying to brake while riding!

Smoak

Guest_3
07-09-2013, 10:40 AM
+2 on what Smoak said. :nod:

prodigit
07-09-2013, 06:03 PM
It almost did that with me too. What happens is they probably fill the reservoir all the way to the top, in a cold environment.
When you get to a HOT environment, the oil expands, and the whole system gets under pressure, until something breaks. You need a new reservoir, which sucks, because you'll have to bleed the system. Then fill it up with good braking oil, and make sure there's a little bubble of air left in the reservoir to compress in case the oil does expand.

chinaman
07-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks guys. I emailed them regarding the issue, it was an online order so we'll see. In the meantime I used rtv silicone as the link above instructed and am hoping it'll hold up for the time being.