PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help With Identifying Marks On My Scooter's Ignition Face?

gebe
07-06-2013, 06:05 PM
I have a 2004 150cc Diamo Classic scooter. I have always wondered what all the marks on the ignition were for.

I know most of the marks are almost worn off but the only ones I've ever used is the top 2 which is ignition on and ignition off. I was wondering if any of you could help me out in identifying the other marks?

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks!

scootnwinn
07-06-2013, 11:15 PM
looks like pushing it in and turning it in opens something. The last position is lock

oldkid
07-07-2013, 08:32 AM
On my Linhai, when you turn the key counterclockwise without pushing in, it opens the seat for storage. If you push in on the key and do the same thing it locks the handlebars if they are in the full left position. My guess is your bike may be the same.

gebe
07-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the responses!

It seems like when you turn it to the left, (without pushing it in), it does nothing. It might have been to pop open the seat for storage but the seat latch on the scooter was broken when I bought the scooter.

Then when you push it in and turn it again to the left, it seems to activate the alarm. Then the last 2 positions seem to be the same in that they both lock the forks. Wonder why there's 2 lock positions?

jct842
07-07-2013, 08:46 PM
My majesty is exactly the same as "old kids" linhai. looks like they copied the yamaha system pretty close.