PDA

View Full Version : Still having problems (electrical)

99owned
07-06-2013, 12:31 PM
So, In my other post.... I got the suggestion - key switch for the fuse holders and headlights coming on with the connection of a battery to my Tank Touring 250.. Now, I don't think it's the key switch, because if I don't even have the key switch connected or on for that matter it will still activate the headlights when I connect a battery. I have used a test light and so far, I've gotten to a brown wire in the tail lights some where.....?>????? This is really messing with me xD. Any suggestions?

scootnwinn
07-06-2013, 09:39 PM
dude I feel your pain. Unfortunately you have some wires that are hot that shouldn't be and the best I can tell you need to start at the battery and trace the main power wire till you find where its spreading power to the others. Not very helpful I know but that's all I can say. I know you tested the fuse box at one point and I didn't say much cause the "experts" were getting fussy. But did you check to see which side the power was coming from? It seemed like you had power to fuses that shouldn't have had power without the key on. Was the power coming from the in side or the out side? You can check this with fuse removed. You need to trace the wires that shouldn't have power and find out where its coming from. Wish I could help you better...