PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here: Questions on tomos nitro 50

micco
06-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Hi All,

I've been a guest for a while and decided to finally join :)
I recently acquired a 09 tomos nitro 50 w/ 500 miles, and am working out some kinks...looking for some pointers in the right direction.

I'm coming from a 2001 zuma 2 stroke, and would like to get similar power out of the nitro. Right now the acceleration is like night and day between the 2. My goal is to easily keep up with traffic and not hold anyone up behind me. The zuma can do 65-69kph and i'm fine with that as the max speed.

I've recently cleaned the carb, and ensure the air filter is clear, all hoses are tight.
Here are the issues I would like some help with:
- acceleration improvement - I've read about the CDI and mine is a yellow one
- seems to idle quite high, the idle screw doesn't seem to decrease it at all...
- the tac and fuel gauge don't seem accurate - wiring issue?
- would removing the nylon washer in the cvt help with accel? I'm assuming more of a top speed restriction.

Everything is stock, any help/direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

techie610
07-01-2013, 10:32 AM
First off, welcome to the Forums. :)

You have a decent bike. I like them, but Im to big for one. -_- And the Zumas a great too.

CDI- Purchase a NCY racing/no rev limit.
Gauges are hardly ever accurate on these things
If there is a washer in the Varo, take it out.

Also, what are the Varo Weights?
Get a Kevlar belt. They last longer and react better, because rubber gets hot in there.

inuyasha
07-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
A 2 stroke is more powerful then the same size 4 stroke engine
http://motorscooterguide.net/Articles/2StrokeOR4Stroke/2StrokeOR4Stroke.html
So if you want to equal or exceed your Zumas performance with the 4 stroke nitro a BBK kit install to increase your engines displacment imho is the only option
You will have to fine tune your cvt as well, roller weights and springs
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank