PDA

View Full Version : Scooter deal = I was taken to the Cleaners...

carasdad
06-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Ok...2 years ago while working as a mechanic in a Scooter shop...we had a 2008 Jonway Hornet 2T. The owner had disassembled it to use for parts. Not 1 mile had ever been put on the Scoot. looking over the pile of parts..all that was missing were the headlight bulbs...Voltage Regular..Speedometer...Stator and front turn signals. Very few 2T's in our area so it just sat there. I asked to buy it as is..and he said ok..how 'bout $400.00..well $300.00 cause you covered the shop a whole day while we were at the Beach Fest. I took it. Browsing through our warehouse one day I saw 4 Jonway Rally 2T's in various arrays of disassembley...and pulled the parts I needed from them.I asked him how much...he said 25 bux for all.Took them too and the MCO home. Built a real screamer out of it 2 days.Rode it 2 years then traded it for a 2012 Peace Sports B09 that had a 100 BBK and lots of other performance parts.Mint condition but kinda a slug due to it too high gearing.Swapped the clutch and Contra springs and it came to life.Rode it to visit my ex boss/best bud who told me was looking for a B09 for customer with a 6' 4" 16 yo that was not comfy on the smaller scoots...needed one of the 150 size 50's. So he told me had a 2T he would swap so he could sell the kid the bigger Scoot and make a lil profit. Ok here's the part where I get screwed...he opens the shop..wheels out an Adly 'Thunder 50'...with only 477 miles on it...MINT condition...techingas pipe sounded sweet!:o I said yer joking right? He said nope...now with our second baby I have to drive an SUV wit 2 cars seats everywhere. Test ride...0-20 is ok...then it comes up on the pipe and you are only 15 seconds or so from 56mph. So I did the swap and what ya see in the pics is what I got stuck with....lol..... :yay:

carasdad
06-28-2013, 03:46 PM
I must be in a ghost town?..Hello?

lykos23
06-28-2013, 03:54 PM
I don't see that as getting screwed, per se. I'd kill for a nice 2t scooter and it sounds like you made a deal! How do you really like your new scooter?

It really isn't that busy around here on this forum... I wish it were more populous.

Guest_3
06-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Very nice & Congrats on the new ride. :cheers:

carasdad
06-28-2013, 08:27 PM
I don't see that as getting screwed, per se. I'd kill for a nice 2t scooter and it sounds like you made a deal! How do you really like your new scooter?

It really isn't that busy around here on this forum... I wish it were more populous.
Sorry..screwed was sarcasm. This thing rocks! Stock 50cc..and 56mph GPS and chase car verified. I started with a $300 scooter..traded up a few times and ended up with a mint condition...490 miles on it...$1,800 scooter..:yay:

tinstar
07-14-2013, 01:19 AM
Yeah...you're screwed!

inuyasha
07-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi Glenn
Dont know how i missed this:doh::shrug: so sorry
She looks and sounds like a wonderful scoot, congratulations:clap::yay::tup:
May she bring you much joy in the years to come:cheers:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank