PDA

View Full Version : New Noise: Clackety-Clack from rear of CVT Cover

smoak
06-22-2013, 08:55 PM
OK, got a new noise I am investigating... My MC54-250B has a Clackety-Clack noise coming from the rear area of the tranny cover. I pulled the CVT cover off and looked for any loose parts or belt issues, and found none.

I did find a Gates Powerlink installed which surprised me, the previous owner told me he had never had the cover off, so I am assuming this was installed at the factory.

So the noise is coming from the pulley in the back, and as I said everything is tight and visually has no problems. the clack-clack happens when the motor is under load.. As in if I hold the rear brake and give it some throttle I will occasionally hear the clack.

It is not super loud, but most certainly noticeable. Could it be worn rollers or something?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Smoak

richardthescooter1
06-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi Smoak, It might be your clutch pads glazed over, take bell off and sand paper the shine off those pads, try that and see if that works.

oldkid
06-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Or sometimes you can just hold the rear brake and give it some gas for a few seconds and it helps clean the clutch. Just don't do it long enough to overheat the pads.

Also, my Mainstreet got a rattle once that turned out to be a gravel hung int the plastic shield under the bike.

smoak
07-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys.. That gives me a place to start looking!