PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Touring - not doing 80

cheetah
06-04-2013, 08:27 PM
I bought a Cheetah Touring because I was told it was street legal and could go up to 80mph! I have not reached that speed yet. Does anyone own one? Is there something I need to do to get the Touring to reach it's maximum performance? I don't need to go 80mph but I would like to know if it can do what it is supposed to.

rowdyc
06-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Don't know many 250's that will do 80mph. The Morphous does it but it is a 257cc engine. Most 250cc china scooters are a knock off of the Honda engine which is really less than 250cc. The Roketta B has a 257 engine but when I owned one, it would not do 80 on the GPS but sometimes on dash I could get up there with the right wind and no ground incline. Same as with the Honda Helix....just wouldn't do 80mph anytime. You're probably seeing 70-76mph on dash which is not bad.

smoak
06-04-2013, 11:00 PM
My 250cc bike (244cc linhai clone motor) will do a GPS verified 83mph, but it takes it a bit to get there. I have also upgraded my intake and exhaust, as well as re-jetted my carb.

Mine does really well to about 78mph... Getting those last few mph takes a bit. Honestly, on a bike with 13" tires, about 70mph is my limit.... Consistently riding any faster is asking for disaster...

A small pothole at 80 on my 'Zuki streetbike was not a big thing.... On my scoot it could kill me.

Smoak.

cheetah
06-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Awesome! Now I have ideas on what I can do to change it up and make it quicker. Like I said, I don't want to really go 80 often but I want to try it to see if I can push it to the limit. A small pothole would make me crash for sure.

smoak
06-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Awesome! Now I have ideas on what I can do to change it up and make it quicker. Like I said, I don't want to really go 80 often but I want to try it to see if I can push it to the limit. A small pothole would make me crash for sure.

Do you want it "quicker," or "faster'" because they are not the same thing.

Quick is more akin to your "off the line" speed, while faster is more akin to your top end speed.

For instance, my old 'Zuki musclebike was quicker stoplight to stoplight than a 'Busa. But, My top end was about 125mph... A 'Busa can go close to 200mph.

So, if you want quicker on takeoff and at lower speeds.. Being able to pass better in traffic and such, you might want to look into changing out your roller/sliders in your CVT. Don't ask me what is best, though... Because I know jack about what weight works best for what..:no:

Perhaps someone else can chime in on the sliders?

Smoak