PDA

View Full Version : coolant fan stay on

frank11
05-29-2013, 04:29 AM
Hello all I got a problem. I have a 2008 mc54 250B scooter. I put it in the shop to change the headlight switch . When i got it back everything was fine. I started it and the coolant fan came on and stayed on it never did that before when the temp. would rise the fan would come on the temp. would drop back and the fan would go off. The shop said that the wires that he changed when he installed the switch has nothing to do with the fan I think that since he had the dash out that he might have crossed a wire or something like that. I don't know .I checked the water and it was a little low about 1/4 of a quart It started to rain and I never got a chance to get it warm . has anybody else had a problem with the fan coming on when the engine starts? could use any help. Thank you

smoak
05-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Did he splice the wires at the switch on the bar, or did he trace the wires all the way back to the harness?

either way, he should not have had to go very far into the dash for that. Regardless, no, your fan should not immediately come on when you start the bike cold. I don't know what the wiring harness looks like for the the temperature sensor, but I can't imagine it being that easily crossed with something else.

I have had the front fairing off my 08 MC54250B several times and have never had an issue with messing with the temp sensor.

I would ask the guy specifically if this was just a simple plug and play wire harness light switch, or if he had to cut and splice wires to do the light switch changeout. If he had to splice wires, I would say possibly he got the fan power or ground wire spliced in with the switch wires.

Hope this helps.

Smoak

frank11
05-29-2013, 05:19 PM
No cutting of wires. Plug and play only. Thank you would you or anybody know why the fan stays on? Water is fine.could the temperature sensor be bad? Thanks