PDA

View Full Version : Quietest fan EVA!

smoak
05-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Had the bike all apart down to the frame working on some things. when I put all the plastic back on it, I basically put it back on like a PDI. I have zero rattles, and the body panels fit tighter and better than they ever had.

So, as to the fan... Before I tore it all down every time the fan came on while riding (at least around town or at idle) I could hear the thing roaring along as it did it's thing.

After making all the body panels tight, I can no longer hear the fan running :clap:

I saw the light on the dash come on for the fan... But didn't hear the darn thing! Scared me to death! I though I must have either dropped a screw down into the fan, thus binding and burning it up... Or I thought I must have disco'd it's wiring harness. :shrug:

So, I tear off the kick plate to have a look at the damage I caused to my poor fan, only to find it was humming right along as it is supposed to with the dash light :doh::doh:

With all the body panels near perfectly set, whatever was making my fan roar like that went bye-bye. I guess aerodynamics of the air pulling through the panels had something to do with it.

Oh well... Just thought I would share in the vein of "it's always good to do a PDI."

Smoak

spandi
05-28-2013, 12:38 AM
I guess things are just "shaking out" sometimes you can do your work so well it surprises you! :yay:

cheetah
06-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Wow, that is pretty cool. I would imagine if you fixed it you would think you would still hear it. I know I would have been freaking. If I don't hear the same things each time I drive, I start to think there is a problem. Yeah! Great job at fixing it though!