PDA

View Full Version : 2012 adly thunderbike 50 and 2012 SMC Rexy 50

conorclarke201
05-26-2013, 09:08 PM
i recently acquired both of these scoots in beautiful condition ive learned a fair amount about 4 strokes but now that i no longer have any im not sure about anything parts wise with these 2 2ts im pretty sure they are both 1E40QMB Minarelli JOG type engine but im just not certain and well to be blunt the rexy has really nice get up and go and hill climbing power where the thunder bike struggles on the real steep hills and even stopped completely the other day going up to my friends place im told the adly is restricted thru its cdi...... does anyone know if the thunder bike and the adly jet have the same type of cdi cause i guess its kinda specific for that one.... im thinking if i change out the roller weights to lighter ones put on a performance clutch(its 10$ for red clutch springs or 40$ for a perf clutch w/ red springs) and a yellow torque spring it will get me set for hills what do you guys think?

lykos23
05-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Very nice.

The torque spring should definitely help with hill climbing, the other springs will help takeoff. The performance clutch is only lighter than the stock clutch from what I hear and it doesn't make a worthy difference, but I could be wrong.

Let us know the difference that a new cdi makes!

conorclarke201
05-26-2013, 09:54 PM
i will once i purchase it i just need some input from here before i can does anyone know if the adly cdi from srappydogs will work for the thunderbike?

lykos23
05-26-2013, 10:01 PM
i will once i purchase it i just need some input from here before i can does anyone know if the adly cdi from srappydogs will work for the thunderbike?
Have you tried betraying this forum and travelling to ItIsTheRide? I know it's probably against the rules to mention "rival" forums, but there seems to be more activity on there as of late.