http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ae8_1367504961

Guys looking to get smashed.

Be Big,
AMAC

PS-I hate the term cager.

inuyasha
05-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Hi Alan
I detest that term also, as i drive automobiles and trucks as well as i ride motorbikes
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

larrball
05-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Cager or not the point is this guy is driving in the wrong lane and too far left in the wrong lane to boot.(for his speed in that lane)

That taxi driver has NO clue as to what is being said and only tried to pass because it would appear that the M/C drive is allowing him the space to do just that.

amac1680
05-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Cager or not the point is this guy is driving in the wrong lane and too far left in the wrong lane to boot.(for his speed in that lane)

That taxi driver has NO clue as to what is being said and only tried to pass because it would appear that the M/C drive is allowing him the space to do just that.

Yepper the guys a fool with a death wish. One hand, no mirrors, giving commentary and begging to get hit.

Be Big,
AMAC

Admin
05-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Yea that was a little nuts. Way too far in the left of the lane.

spandi
05-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to disagree. That motorcycle or scooter has a legal right to be there. He was to the left to avoid the center-of-the-lane "Grease trail" Do you think if a cop saw a taxi PASS another motor vehicle in the SAME LANE he would not have been pulled over and ticketed? (or worse?)

amac1680
05-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to disagree. That motorcycle or scooter has a legal right to be there. He was to the left to avoid the center-of-the-lane "Grease trail" Do you think if a cop saw a taxi PASS another motor vehicle in the SAME LANE he would not have been pulled over and ticketed? (or worse?)

I respectfully disagree.

Failure to keep right except to pass, he was not passing so he did not belong there.
He was in the left lane being passed on the right by a pickup towing a trailer. He had the room in front of him to pass but chose to pick a fight.

Then instead of backing off of a situation he created he decided to put ALL OTHERS on the road at risk.

Be Big,
AMAC

spandi
05-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Look again. He was in an HOV lane and apparently during rush hour.

amac1680
05-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes sir I saw the HOV but can't via that video determine it's rush hour or not. Doesn't matter there are plenty of 24 hour HOVs in the northeast.

That being said I stand with the guys a fool. Where do I start.....
Ahh yes the video with commentary. That in and of it self is distracted driving. I'd bet he went out looking to make the video, sad.

He had plenty of oppertunity to avoid a bad situation but chose to create a problem. He made a choice to endanger all others in order to keep the taxi behind him.
His skills must be poor if he was unable to avoid the taxi wi all that road ahead.

I'll agree to disagree this guys behaviour is egregious at the least, just my .02

Enjoy the day my friend.

Be Big,
AMAC

spandi
05-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Although I did not care for his potty mouth commentary, the fact is that the taxi had no business (or legal right) to pass another vehicle within the SAME LANE (and doubly so in an HOV lane.) End of story.

prodigit
05-05-2013, 08:42 PM
What is obvious is that the motorcyclist is going too slow. On those HOV lanes cars ride 80MPH, that bike sounds like ~400cc, so it should be able to go with the flow, however, in that particular case the motorcyclist is going TOO slow. Eventhough he's right that the taxi can not overtake him, he's a douchebag by continuing to ride slow; eventhough it is more than clear, that he can ride as fast as the others. He should have let the cab go, when it was riding besides him (during the illegal overtake), if he wanted to continue to ride slow!

Domindart
05-06-2013, 01:46 AM
:hmm:

spandi
05-06-2013, 03:02 AM
It appears that the motorcyclist slowed AFTER the taxi began riding his tail. (before that he was passing other vehicles.

larrball
05-06-2013, 03:10 AM
It doesnt matter right or wrong.
I work at 3M and make what this guy's going to see some day.

http://www.littmann.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-Littmann/stethoscope/

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=66666UF6EVsSyXTtlXM2MX46EVU6E Vs6EVs6EVs6E666666--&boundedSize=310

Look's like another week of overtime.

http://columbiabusinesstimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/0282.jpg

spandi
05-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I've heard of guys using a stethoscope to track down engine noises. :D

flu
05-08-2013, 04:54 AM
They make stethoscopes for automotive purposes and if you think a horn blast while under the hood isn't loud enough try it with a stethoscope in your ears! Ah memories of high school auto class.

larrball
05-10-2013, 05:02 AM
Yep and have one, not near the Quilty as the med scopes we make but then it is what it is.

HF has them on the cheep.

http://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics-stethoscope-41966.html

My last post was not so much what 3m makes or that spandi was Right/wrong.
The point is that this guy in the video AMAC posted is out to put himself driving a wheelchair
if he's not doing his job as a "responsible" M/C driver.

And yes im a bit upset, it's people like him that in-turn, put a bad name on us (you and me) that ride on 2 wheels.