PDA

View Full Version : getting plastic off

dwint51
04-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Just bought a jonway and took off the plastic grill for the headlights.the nuts fell off and I can't find a way to take the plasic fairing off the front.I took out all the screws but there must be more underneath.anyone no what I'm talking about.some day I'll have to change a bulb

richardthescooter1
04-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Here you go

richardthescooter1
04-29-2013, 07:45 PM
This may be a little fifferent, but they are all about the same.

dwint51
04-29-2013, 08:57 PM
I took out every visible screw and it doesn't budge.I'll try again tomorrow.I had to walk away from it today.that's the best thing for me when agravated.thanks for your help

dwint51
04-29-2013, 09:00 PM
They should of used screws and clips that way the nuts wouldn't of fallen off

smoak
04-29-2013, 11:41 PM
I am not sure exactly how the front of you bike looks, but mine has all the plastics of a YY250T... I just pulled off my front fairing recently to replace the headlight harnesses and upgrade to easier to find headlights...

I had phillips screws all around the console, screws on either side of my radiator, screws under the kick plates on the floor boards, screws under trim piece that goes in a U shape around my windscreen.

I had two LONG 10mm nuts that were vertical under the fairing directly below the headlight lens, and two 10mm bolts horizontal that were below the windscreen under the windscreen trim piece.

The ones that held me up the most, though, were the phillips screws that connected the upper dash piece behind the instrument cluster below the windshield. (sortof the dashboard area, where I put my hat when I am riding..stuffed right under the windscreen)

richardthescooter1
04-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Hi smoak,
Your right, Don't forget to take loose the two bolts under headlight leds in front grill and there are two bolts to take off after the grill comes off.

teddy554
04-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Just bought a jonway and took off the plastic grill for the headlights.the nuts fell off and I can't find a way to take the plasic fairing off the front.I took out all the screws but there must be more underneath.anyone no what I'm talking about.some day I'll have to change a bulb
Some of the plastic have little tabs that interlock and you need to slide them to unlock them