PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see the new site settled in and civil

Al_Gears
04-23-2013, 06:10 PM
I had quit the old site, and just happened to be viewing it as the meltdown occurred with the changeover to this site...WHEW! I am glad to see that over with!

And I have lurked and watched as this one has started to mature and seen some of my previous friends enjoying this one and decided to join.

I ride a 2002 Honda Reflex with 19,000 miles on a body that is a little banged up here and there (like me) and keeps going , but I got her for a great price and I have no complaints!

My first ride was a 2004 Honda Shadow which I put 20,000 miles on,and I've also had a Honda VTX 1800N, and a VStar 1300. I'd like to have another motorcycle eventually, but until then, the Reflex keeps me on 2 wheels for chump change when you consider the cost of the bike, insurance and mpg (about 68 mpg overall). I always ride with protective gear as a matter of personal choice.

For those that remember me, EK (Evil Kitty) and I got engaged recently also!

Ride safely everyone!

Al

amac1680
04-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi welcome. It's good to have you back.
Yesterday's over and we move forward.

Be Big,
AMAC

spandi
04-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Glad to have you come in and hang your hat, and yes, the storm is over and (hopefully) smooth sailing ahead.

techie610
04-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the Forums. :)
Sounds like you've done a lot of riding.
Have any pics of your bike to put up?

Admin
04-24-2013, 04:23 AM
Welcome to ScootDawg, glad to have ya back!

Al_Gears
04-24-2013, 06:33 AM
:thanks: to everyone. I've put 40,000 miles on the motorcycles (20,000 in the mountains of NC and 20,000 in the mountains of CO) and about 6,000 on the scoot in the upstate so far. We did take it up the top of Mt Mitchell, and that was a long day, but still very satisfying (about 260 miles round trip).

I LOVE the yellow color of the scoot! We both could tell a difference regarding BEING SEEN by other drivers! As we replace riding gear, we're going with hi viz for the safety factor. It's about the only thing we can do about other drivers - we can't control what they do, but we can do something about being seen.

:scoot:

Al

spandi
04-24-2013, 07:16 AM
You couldn't miss your scoot any more than you could miss Big Bird walking down the street! :nod:

Guest_3
04-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Welcome to ScootDawg. :cheers: .Nice looking scoot !. :tup:

inuyasha
04-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Al
Outstanding
Aka Evil kitty how are ya my dear friend, ive missed you sorely
So very glad to see your back and congratulations on your engagement , thats wonderful news
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Al_Gears
04-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi Al
Outstanding
Aka Evil kitty how are ya my dear friend, ive missed you sorely
So very glad to see your back and congratulations on your engagement , thats wonderful news
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Thanks, Hank! Seeing you here is one of the main reasons I decided to join up. EK still rides her Honda Elite all over the place, but I'm the one doing the posting here (Al). I will pass on your comments to her!

Supper is ready so I better go for now!

Will reply more soon.

Al

inuyasha
04-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks, Hank! Seeing you here is one of the main reasons I decided to join up. EK still rides her Honda Elite all over the place, but I'm the one doing the posting here (Al). I will pass on your comments to her!

Supper is ready so I better go for now!

Will reply more soon.

Al
Hi Al
Hope she decides to join us as well
See ya around and once again its great to see ya:yay::tup:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank