PDA

View Full Version : 49cc rokiea chinese

rotorhd
04-20-2013, 06:16 PM
this scooter hase two 20 amp fuses one under the front fairing and the one in the battery compartment both blow when the key is turned on.
I read out the stator and found it was shorted to ground. I replaced the stator and this stator reads shorted to ground . The connector from the harness has three wires and the stator has two. this is a new scooter with only a few miles on it. A friend purched it from the craigslist. He ran it untill the battery went dead. I need help to fix the charging system.I dont think that the pins in the connector coming from the stator should read to ground. If I leave the stator unpluged all nthe lights work the starter turns the engine over and It will run. is there an insolater missing under the stator coil?

4getful2
04-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Hopefully ,you can find a wiring diagram online somewhere.
For it to blow 20 amp fuses, you'd think the problem would be easy to find, a pinched wire to ground , wiring to the lights, rectifier.

rotorhd
04-21-2013, 07:05 PM
It blowes the fuses with the rectifer unpluged.I have gone so far as to remove the complete harness to look for a pinched ( shorted ) wire. I think I may replace the main harness if I can find the correct one.