PDA

View Full Version : starter benndix issues

bloodymomo
04-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Last winter my kick start started not springing back into position, then one day the starter Bendix completely broke and started grinding in the piece it GRBs to start. That piece is still in good condition as I quickly shut her down and removed whole Bendix and over, ran only electric start for a while but I hate having no backup. Next my electric start went out... Dang OK, replaced the electric start and off n scooting again. So I recently bought a new Bendix. It was a whole Kit for. Around $25. Not bad. So I put it on this water day following thge users manual I happened to find in PDF form and followed the instructions word for word. Put CVT cover on and kicked it and it stillbisnt going back to original position. This is ticking me off. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Oh its still making a grinding sound when running from Bendix rubbing on whatever it is that it turns to start the engine. I removed it again so it won't damage anything else. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be awesome!!!

Thanks BloodyMoMo

millsc
04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
theres several things that go out in the kickstarter the idler gear is first to strip, the spring gets worn causes no return and the ratchet gear on the variator will cause it not to catch at all replace all three

inuyasha
04-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi
^ i agree with millsc
This should be of help to you
http://www.scooterforumonline.com/index.php?topic=1921.0
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank