PDA

View Full Version : Scooter Valve adjustment wont take?!?!

99owned
04-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Ok, so I know how to do the valve adjustment....

But when I do it...

If you turn the motor over at all, they loosen up or get really tight. I've attempted 12 times now.

Have no clue what to do

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong? Need new valves? The scoot really needs the adjustment, If I just leave it like that, wont run for crap, and it just tick like crazy

teddy554
04-14-2013, 01:55 AM
Will you want it where the lobes dont make contact with the rocker arms and if you have all your timing marks lined up your good to go.timing marks cam+big hole on top two small holes lined up with the top of the head, flywheel t-marl lined up with the mark on the case

prodigit
04-14-2013, 11:55 AM
you turn over the engine, to see if the adjustments aren't too tight.
When you ride, you shouldn't hear clicking sounds, but neither should the exhaust sound too smooth (you'll notice an MPG drop, when the valves are adjusted too loose; eg: adjustment is 0.010 instead of 0.005")

millsc
04-15-2013, 09:40 AM
hold the adjuster nut with a needled nose and snug the nut fairly tight with a 9mm wrench it shouldn't move if you get it nice and snug, if it does get a set of new rocker arms what size are they i have several sets

jmstar09
04-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Sounds like the cam bearings are shot maybe. Remove the cam and see if the bearing have any slop in them.

andrewrides1
05-02-2013, 04:30 AM
You wanna make sure your timing is lined up right that would be when the big hole on the cam is on the top. I had the same problem the first time i timed my scooter. i had the timing marks lined up on the rotor but the engine wasnt turned to tdc. It makes a world of difference when you get it right.