PDA

View Full Version : Rad Cooling Fan Direction

quail
04-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I have asked this question before and never got a real answer. Does the rad fan blow in toward the engine or out toward the wheel. In seems logical the fan would draw air through the rad and blow over the engine. But if the front tire creates a vacuum behind the fender the fan would have to work in reverse. I just want to know how it came from the factory.

richardthescooter1
04-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi quail,
My rad in front, fan is behind rad and when its on its blow air through rad out the front.

futurerider
04-13-2013, 11:38 AM
My Chinese 250 is built just like a car - fan behind radiator, sucks air through radiator and blows it towards back of bike. Cools great, even at speed, no problem with vacuum generated by front wheel or such (if anything, it runs cooler at speed than standing still). My Silver Wing also does it this way.

oldkid
05-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Both of my bikes, the Linhai Mainstreet and the Yamaha Majesty pull air though the radiator and blow over the engine. Just like a car. Also my Honda Shadow cycle did the same. Never heard of one blowing forward. Some tractors have engine driven fans that blow forward to help keep grass seed or leafs away from the radiator.