PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia SR50 question

mwlehman
04-10-2013, 05:27 PM
My wife and I ride scooters all the time here in SW Florida, Chinese 50cc that have been great, i stuck 80cc bore kits, cams, ignition, rollers, springs and exhaust on them both, both are reliable as my car...

...anyway I just bought an 2004 0r 2005 Aprilia SR50 last nite for $450, it has been sitting for 2yrs and will not start...the fellow I purchased it from has not paperwork or info on it at all.

SO my question is what Aprilia SR50 do I have? I see all kinds listed

thanks
Mike

inuyasha
04-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi Mike
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
Congratulations she looks like a 2004 aprilia sr 50 street to me can you find any id no.s that would help to narrow it down
Heres a great site that will be of invaluable help to you
http://www.scootnfast.com/
May she bring you much joy in the years to come
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Firehawk989
04-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Wow, nice bike for $450!

You will need to pull the carb and thoroughly clean all the passages and internal surfaces with carb cleaner. Also drain the old gas and refill with fresh and add a bit of seafoam. That's how I got mine to start after sitting for 2 years as well.

However, if this is one of the injected models, I have no idea what you should do.

mwlehman
04-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi guys,

I pulled plastic off and it is a fuel injected. I am going to put fresh 2cy oil and fresh gas with some seafoam and give it a go. I put new battery and new plug in it already

thanks for the link inuyasha

Mike