PDA

View Full Version : Which Brake Lever Controls What?

gebe
04-07-2013, 07:53 PM
I guess all my old posts and threads are gone. I had at least 20 and now they're gone.

Anyway, I have a 2004 Diamo Retro/Classic scooter that I bought at the end of last summer.

Which brake levers control what? Does the left left lever control the rear brake? Does the right lever control the front brake?

Thanks in advance!

inuyasha
04-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Hi
On most modern scooters, the brakes are laid out such that the rear brake is operated by the left lever, and the front brake is operated by the right lever. The exception to this is on vintage scooters, or any scooter that has manual transmission – where the rear brake is operated by a foot pedal on the right of the running boards.
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

prodigit
04-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Also, some scooters have a combined braking system, but the general consensus is right lever is front brake, left lever = rear.

Instead of making a topic about it, why don't you just test it (would have cost less time and effort).

qwertydude
04-07-2013, 11:27 PM
If you're still asking questions like this. I highly suggest taking the MSF course and getting your license before riding a 150cc scooter. 150cc scooters are classified as motorcycles pretty much across the country.

gebe
04-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks much Hank!